Where do I report abuse?

Guy Macon

Joined Sep 27, 2013
All in all, mirroring USENET is a good thing, but along with the legitimate posts you get a few attack pages,forgeries, and other undesirable material, and you really need a way for someone to complain and ask that the page be removed.

In particular, in the sci.physics.electromag newsgroup there is a thread that starts with a forged message (I know Robert McClenon, and he says it is a forgery) attacking me, and contributing nothing to the otherwise excellent All About Circuits site.

The thread in question is at http://forum.allaboutcircuits.com/newsgroups/viewtopic.php?t=38731 (forum.allaboutcircuits.com/newsgroups/viewtopic.php?t=38731).

Alas, it shows up fairly high when you do a Google search on my name, which is annoying. :(

So, where on this site do I report this and ask that it be removed?

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008
Hello,

The news groups are closed for posting or editing.
The moderators can not change anything over there.
You could ask a administrator to have a look.
jrap is one of them.

Bertus

studiot

Joined Nov 9, 2007
and...the link in post #4 is not working.
Quite right ...so it isn't.

I simply copy/pasted it from post#1 where the link is working.
Strange.

Yes I think it is because the dots represent some part of the URL that is not displayed in full.

killivolt

Joined Jan 10, 2010
This maybe a Troll. "WINK" don't buy it, it stinks.

Edit: Damn, I just rolled the Dice. Put do not reply.... and let it die.

t06afre

Joined May 11, 2009
I would not mind. This post is from 2005. And as everybody can see it is written by a confused person. As you have first become aware it now. It can not have done you much harm.

JoeJester

Joined Apr 26, 2005
All About Circuits - Newsgroup Archive
These forums contain an archive of usenet posts relating to electronics. These usenet posts are a great resource. Click the 'search' link to search for a topic, or browse through the posts.

It's in the archive of usenet posts. There should be a way to delete it per the OP's request.

The address was as the OP posted.

Attachments

JoeJester

Joined Apr 26, 2005
Sounds like time for the Wayback machine, or DON'T USE YOUR REAL NAME ON THE INTERNET!
The link was to the archive in the allaboutcircuits.com so it can be handled by jrap or Dave.

If on the wayback machine, then it's the OPs problem to address it to their webmaster.

Finally, the OP should find the poster and seek legal recourse if it's a false statement.

The ball is in his court.

As far as using your name, it's a choice, and just like a patent, the owner must do all the legwork as far as attacks on the name.

tracecom

Joined Apr 16, 2010
A liitle googling indicates that there is someone who calls him/herself "Guy Macon" that is no stranger to conflict and controversy. At guymacon.com, there is a long-winded, canned insult which readers are encouraged to use in its entirety. Someone who spends the amount of time required to construct and post such an insult shouldn't be surprised to receive treatment in kind.