Where da gold at?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by maxpower097, Feb 24, 2012.

1. maxpower097

Thread Starter Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2009
    So anyone tracking the Marine Oddessy's struggle with spain claiming the gold they found in the ship wreck off FL. Well right now down the street 2 Spanish C-130's are on the tarmac waiting to take off at noon with the gold and silver with the spanish ammbassetor. But the Peruvian ammbassetor is here claiming the gold was stolen from peru, which is was, and legally belongs to peru. I think it should be split between Oddesy and Peru. The gold was minted in Peru, stolen from peru. How should spain now claim it. Anyways its all gonna go down in the next 2 hours.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2012
  2. maxpower097

Feb 20, 2009
    Whats really sad is after stealing the oddessy's gold their making them pay for its storage the past 5 years. You'd think after Oddessy found and recovered it. Spain could throw them a bone and pay for storage.

3. spinnaker

AAC Fanatic!

Oct 29, 2009
    I remember when Mel Fisher went through this same garbage on the Atocha. I say finders keepers.

Neither Peru nor Spain would have ever found this gold without Oddessy. They should be happy to collect a few historical artifacts.

And does anyone really think this gold is going into Spain's coffers? Chances are it winds up in the pockets of the ambassador and the rest or the Spanish "elite".

4. Sparky49

Jul 16, 2011
    Sir Francis Drake will be spinning in his grave knowing we didn't try to pinch it.

We need more gold I say!

5. strantor

AAC Fanatic!

Oct 3, 2010
    Finders keepers.
    I'm a 26 y/o american.
    I didn't kill any Japanese, and no japanese took a shot at me - PAST Americans and japanese did these things - I don't hate them and they shouldn't hate me.
    I didn't kill or otherwise violate any native Americans - PAST Americans did these things - I don't feel guilty about it.
    Peruvians didn't make this gold, PAST peruvians did
    Spanish didn't steal this gold, PAST spanish did
    Neither peruvians nor spanish created the oddysey, PRESENT DAY odyssey creators did, and THEY found the gold. Nobody else has a claim to it based on PAST ownership.

gerty likes this.
  6. loosewire

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 25, 2008
    The state owns every thing,just touch something and you will be arrested

without a permit. Plants ,animals and metals,oil. There go's the treaties

getting in the way of having fun again,no free lunch.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2012
  7. Sparky49

Jul 16, 2011
    What lunch would you buy with all that gold Loosewire?

8. loosewire

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 25, 2008
    I have already had that meal,for free.

9. maxpower097

Feb 20, 2009
    The big hang up and why they won the case is the gold was on a military ship which has no statue of limitations in salvage.

10. BSomer

Dec 28, 2011
    Well there is that old saying...

"Possession is 9 tenths of the law"

or something like that.

11. loosewire

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 25, 2008
    Max, there was a Tampa story today,where Spainish government sent

two transport planes to pick up gold coins from tampa after a federal Court

sided against american treasure hunters. Check it out.

12. maxpower097

Feb 20, 2009
    Thats what this thread is about Loosie. This is that gold. Wikileaks broke it that the US gov was helping the Spanish gov with their prosecution of the Oddessy. I forget what the US gov got, probably some tax off some shoes or something. But spain got all their stolen gold back. Its sickening that the courts then stuck the bill for the entire location, salvage, and storage to the treasure hunters and spains just walking up, taking all their gold, and splitting.

13. loosewire

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 25, 2008
    Hillary,in the state dept.had a say,she did not help our side. She was for it

before she was against.