Where can I find bulk resistors?

alockrem

Joined Dec 31, 2009
I am new to electronics. I have only created a very small projects so far, but would like for that to increase in 2010 (Happy New Year btw).

I find myself returning to Radio Shack quite often for each project I work on. I would like to just buy a large collection of resistors and any other inexpensive components to reduce my trips to Radio Shack.

1) Where can I buy a bulk collection of resistors? My guess was ebay, but everything I find in bulk is just for a single ohm rating.

2) What else fits into the "inexpensive components" category?

Thank you for any help.

russ_hensel

Joined Jan 11, 2009
Slow shipping, and some negative reviews, but http://www.futurlec.com/ sells 1% resistors in packs of 10 for about 1 cent. If you are buying a lot, what sort of work are you doing? For example for uc work 10 k pull up resistors and 220 ohm led current limiting resistors are very useful. For other sort of work you might choose other values.

alockrem

Joined Dec 31, 2009
Bill - I turned on the ability for other members to send me email messages. I don't know if that is the same as PMs, but I couldn't find a setting specific to PMs.

Russ - I'm just learning about electronics. I don't have many projects in mind and the ones I'm working on could be built by any elementary school child for a science fair project.

The one thing I have determined is it takes a long time to get things shipped from hong-kong and I don't want to drive to the store 3 or 4 times per project because I don't have basic components available to me.

Thank you both for your help.