Where are you from?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joined Nov 30, 2010
So busy lately! Only way to get a day off was to get a torn muscle in my back so I could stay in bed all day. Feeling better now, thought I'd give AAC a peek...maybe answer a few questions.

It's just not fun when I'm tired, rushed, and such as that. I will be more active when I get caught up with my work.

ps, Thank you, magnet.

BSomer

Joined Dec 28, 2011
Currently living in Omaha, Nebraska.

Have been to and lived in a number of other places though. So I will stick with Omaha for now. :)

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
Hey this Map stuff is freakin awesome.

U know who I first wanted to look at .....Loooooooooooooosy.

Tell me is it how it really is when I zoom in to the road. It is as if I am standing there.
How well is this thing updated ?

Problem is I cannot see Loosewires house. I like to see that.

But this Map thing does not work on Maldives though. All u can see is the road where my house is. You cannot just zoom any closer.

Is there anything I can do to make Male' Realistic in this Map thingy ?

Georacer

Joined Nov 25, 2009

Tell me is it how it really is when I zoom in to the road. It is as if I am standing there.

But this Map thing does not work on Maldives though. All u can see is the road where my house is. You cannot just zoom any closer.

It all depends on how popular that area is; that pretty much defines of the Google Car will drive by that area to take ground pictures.

Google maps has two kinds of pictures: Satellite ones and street view ones.

Satellite ones are pulled from earth orbit satellites. The US cities, as well as the big European ones are pretty covered down to the city block. Very high rez pictures. Also, Google lately publishes a pheudo angle view for every one of the four directions, once you get close enough.

Street view pictures are acquired from a car-mounted omni-directional camera. The car treads slowly all of the streets of an area and takes pictures form the street level. Of course there are more than one cars.

The bigger the city is, the greater the chance it will be mapped in high detailed or by complete street view.

So, no, you can't do squat about that.

P.S. Remember that for confidentiality reasons, I don't suggest putting your exact address in the map. Your city in general will do.

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
The funny thing is I know the exact date and time to the second when the street view camera came by my house. I had just stepped outside, left the door open, and went back inside and missed the whole darn thing otherwise I might have given it a shot at the moon.:)

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009

Download Google Earth some time. Very cool.

Detail is going to depend on satellite coverage. Only the fairly big cities have good detail. I can see my house, including my car parked out front.

I have Male' up in Google Earth right now Pretty good detail. I see ta couple of football fields, the marinas, I can see boats in the marinas. Which one is yours? :)

BTW Do you know that there is a Male, Italy ?

strantor

Joined Oct 3, 2010
Strantor: Houston, TX USA
my hood
Zoom in to street view. That's the major intersection by my house. I live behind the crackhead apartments on the other side of the abandoned parking lot. Too bad google cam didn't catch the locals peddling their wares there - you can go there any day of the week and buy a portrait of the virgin mary or jesus, or broken thrice-handed down plastic toys. If you're lucky, you'll find some never touched exercise equipment. Just make sure the suspension on your car is good before you go, or my roads will put a hurt on you. This pic must have been right after the quarterly grass cutting. Usually there is 3-4ft grass/weeds all over the place.

Last edited:

nerdegutta

Joined Dec 15, 2009
Strantor: Houston, TX USA
my hood
Soom in to street view. That's the major intersection by my house. I live behind the crackhead apartments on the other side of the abandoned parking lot. Too bad google cam didn't catch the locals peddling their wares there - you can go there any day of the week and buy a portrait of the virgin mary or jesus, or broken thrice-handed down plastic toys. If you're lucky, you'll find some never touched exercise equipment. Just make sure the suspension on your car is good before you go, or my roads will put a hurt on you. This pic must have been right after the quarterly grass cutting. Usually there is 3-4ft grass/weeds all over the place.
So you didn't move to the apartment over the garage (Parents house)?

strantor

Joined Oct 3, 2010
So you didn't move to the apartment over the garage (Parents house)?
That's still in the works. I experienced a bit of a setback. I went to the uni and talked to the counselor. I screwed off in high school so my HS GPA & class standing is nowhere near good enough to get in. Therefore, I need to transfer in. I need to get at least 15 credits at a community college with minimum 3.0GPA and then transfer to uni. My engineering classes at uni only start in the fall, so I need to get those 15 credits before the deadline (which is several months in advance) but it is not possible. My math is weak sauce and I need remedial math before I take calculus; even if that wasn't so, it would still not be possible. SO, what I have to is wait until fall of 2013 to go to uni, and in the mean time I start community college in fall of 2012. My lease is up in a couple of months so I'm just going to go ahead and move and keep working so I can save up a paltry nestegg for my prolonged hiatus from work. phew. I've told that story about 38 times now, it comes out in one breath.

strantor

Joined Oct 3, 2010
Sounds like a plan. Stick with it. How's the new member of the family?
She came out with a full head of hair, but now she looks like she's got male pattern baldness - everything on the top fell out :confused:. She's been good up until last night, she started puking up everything she eats (drinks) until now. If she's still like that when I get home, we're probably going to the hospital, or maybe we'll wait until the morning. Other than than, she's a picture of health, getting obese at an alrming rate - she never stops eating, which means she never stops crapping. Eat, crap, sleep, crap, sleep, eat, crap, eat, crap, crap, eat, crap, eat, crap, sleep - that's the routine. literally gone through several hundred diapers in a month. She likes to sleep on my buddha belly (more than mommy's boobs) and she makes unladylike grunting noises all the time like a constipated fat old man, especially when you disturb her sleeping. And she got daddy's CRAZY EYE:eek:.

Status
Not open for further replies.