When do you work out?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by EngIntoHW, Jul 7, 2011.

1. EngIntoHW

Thread Starter Member

Apr 24, 2010
    Hi,

Working in engineering positions can occupy much time of your day, and many times you get back home too tired to work out..

I was wondering, when do you find time to work out?

At morning before getting to work?
    Doesn't it make you being tired/hungry during work?

What kind of workouts you have?

2. debjit625

Apr 17, 2010
    At evening,btw I am a student...

3. Georacer

Nov 25, 2009
    Well, I don't work out. I didn't know it was obligatory...
    Beerbelly has started to declare its presence in the last months though, so for starters I have stopped using the elevator. I use the stairs up to the 6th floor to my apartment. I sometimes also jog my way to subway stations and other relatively short distances.
    I hope to get myself a good bit of exercise in the summer vacations.

4. EngIntoHW

Thread Starter Member

Apr 24, 2010
    Well, when you're young and single, you don't have much choice but to stay in shape

5. Georacer

Nov 25, 2009
    There's always a choice... blue pill or red pill?

6. nerdegutta

Dec 15, 2009
    That is a good "free" trick to stay in shape. When you are shopping, parking the car in the other end of the parkinglot, is another way of getting a workout. Especially if you have a lot of heavy bags.

Sometime I jog/run for 30 min before work, but often I jog/run after work. Then I have better time. Usually from 45 - 60 minutes.

When it's not vacation/hollydays, I'm at the gym Monday and Wednesday. From 17:45 - 19:30. Kickboxing. :)

7. R!f@@

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 2, 2009
    I work out I admit now that I am married.

My wife benefits from my work out too

8. someonesdad

Jul 7, 2009
    30 years ago I jogged. After the knees and feet started protesting, I started walking to work (it was only a couple of miles each way, so it wasn't terribly strenuous). Now my main exercise is jumping to conclusions, stabbing people in the back, and running in circles. :p

9. nerdegutta

Dec 15, 2009
    HA HA

Me too, but I'm trying to stop and think before the jump. :)

10. davebee

Oct 22, 2008
    I work at a desk from 8 to 5, but almost always manage to get outside and walk from 12 to 1, sometimes running errands, sometimes just walking a big loop around the neighborhood. Nothing strenuous, but it's a great break from desk work.

Lots of my fellow programmers just sit at their desks 9, 10 hours at a time; I don't see how they can do it. I'd go nuts.

11. strantor

AAC Fanatic!

Oct 3, 2010
    I used to climb oil rig derricks with tool bags so I got my workout on the job. stayed in good shape. got married and quit the globetrotter job; now I work in a plant and my only exercise involves transporting my ever increasing weight across horizontal surfaces. I am quickly becoming rotund. When you find a good time to work out, let me know; maybe I can work it into my schedule as well.