When do you work out?

EngIntoHW

Joined Apr 24, 2010
Hi,

Working in engineering positions can occupy much time of your day, and many times you get back home too tired to work out..

I was wondering, when do you find time to work out?

At morning before getting to work?
Doesn't it make you being tired/hungry during work?

What kind of workouts you have?

Georacer

Joined Nov 25, 2009
Well, I don't work out. I didn't know it was obligatory...
Beerbelly has started to declare its presence in the last months though, so for starters I have stopped using the elevator. I use the stairs up to the 6th floor to my apartment. I sometimes also jog my way to subway stations and other relatively short distances.
I hope to get myself a good bit of exercise in the summer vacations.

nerdegutta

Joined Dec 15, 2009
Well, I don't work out. I didn't know it was obligatory...
Beerbelly has started to declare its presence in the last months though, so for starters I have stopped using the elevator. I use the stairs up to the 6th floor to my apartment. I sometimes also jog my way to subway stations and other relatively short distances.
I hope to get myself a good bit of exercise in the summer vacations.
That is a good "free" trick to stay in shape. When you are shopping, parking the car in the other end of the parkinglot, is another way of getting a workout. Especially if you have a lot of heavy bags.

Sometime I jog/run for 30 min before work, but often I jog/run after work. Then I have better time. Usually from 45 - 60 minutes.

When it's not vacation/hollydays, I'm at the gym Monday and Wednesday. From 17:45 - 19:30. Kickboxing. :)

someonesdad

Joined Jul 7, 2009
30 years ago I jogged. After the knees and feet started protesting, I started walking to work (it was only a couple of miles each way, so it wasn't terribly strenuous). Now my main exercise is jumping to conclusions, stabbing people in the back, and running in circles. :p

davebee

Joined Oct 22, 2008
I work at a desk from 8 to 5, but almost always manage to get outside and walk from 12 to 1, sometimes running errands, sometimes just walking a big loop around the neighborhood. Nothing strenuous, but it's a great break from desk work.

Lots of my fellow programmers just sit at their desks 9, 10 hours at a time; I don't see how they can do it. I'd go nuts.

strantor

Joined Oct 3, 2010
I used to climb oil rig derricks with tool bags so I got my workout on the job. stayed in good shape. got married and quit the globetrotter job; now I work in a plant and my only exercise involves transporting my ever increasing weight across horizontal surfaces. I am quickly becoming rotund. When you find a good time to work out, let me know; maybe I can work it into my schedule as well.