When did things change here?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by shortbus, Apr 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shortbus

Thread Starter AAC Fanatic!

Sep 30, 2009
    When did it become OK to make threats to other members of the forum? In this now closed thread; http://forum.allaboutcircuits.com/showthread.php?t=83446&page=9 Post #85, a member made open threats against any member that didn't go along with him and his friends.

He claims not to be a formerly banned member, but that type of thing is what got that member banned.

How/why do people come to a electronics learning site and not ask or respond to even one electronics question? Is AAC becoming a site known for accepting this type of behavior,,,,?

Markd77, DerStrom8, gerty and 2 others like this.
  2. Brownout

Jan 10, 2012
    This site is getting rediculous. Maybe getting time for this old engineer to move on.

3. poopscoop

Dec 12, 2012
    Guys,

Do not feed the trolls.

DO NOT FEED THE TROLLS!

The forum includes an 'ignore' feature. Make use of it.

#12 likes this.

Expert

Nov 30, 2010
    We've been through this before. It's temporary. The mods wait until the bloggers do something worthy of a ban, and they always do, eventually.

I share your impatience, but I seem to have a longer fuse.

absf and shortbus like this.
  5. spinnaker

AAC Fanatic!

Oct 29, 2009
    I am convinced more then ever now that Spilt and Gatsby are the same people. And now he has invented a couple of other alter egos.

shortbus likes this.
  6. Eric007

Aug 5, 2011
    This is unbelievable!!!
    Some people have no manners at all and think they can intimidate anyone here! Pfff...Good thang that thread was closed.

shortbus likes this.
  7. loosewire

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 25, 2008
    Calm down,off-topic is in the cellar,its dark down here. Every one come down sooner

or later. You could stay in All About Curcuits and play engineer.

What you say don't count anyway.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2013
    absf and maxpower097 like this.
  8. Brownout

Jan 10, 2012
    Pardone ??? ???

9. loosewire

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 25, 2008
    Brownout, I have acknowledged your great career,because you move to Fla.

and you are working in your field. Not many guys are working,you are. I respect

you for your ability.So give me some slack.

10. shortbus

Thread Starter AAC Fanatic!

Sep 30, 2009
    I wonder how the three(?) amigos would act if they were somewhere together, and another person came to them and started a conversation about how smart they are, how rich they are, how they work for the govt., how they play and tour with a well known band, how beautiful their girlfriend is, etc,etc. And all of this with in the first couple of sentences.

I'm pretty sure they wouldn't be as understanding as most of us have (myself excluded). You know it's pretty bad when Justrying say's something!

11. loosewire

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 25, 2008
    ask ,trying..they don't work for the govt....they lost in our debate.

Take them out in debate,don't let them think they are under skin.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2013
  12. Brownout

Jan 10, 2012

I seem to be getting under your skin today. I must be feeling evil.

13. loosewire

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 25, 2008
    We are good Brownout.

14. Brownout

Jan 10, 2012
    Well at least I get to go home now. My mood is about to improve.

15. DerStrom8

Feb 20, 2011
    Whether they are who they say they are, or if they're all the same person, or they're three different people who aren't who they say they are, I'm beginning to agree--they've crossed the line a few times, and personally I think they should at least be talked to by a moderator. They've gotten to the point where they're very rude and have been using the forum for purposes it's not intended for. It doesn't matter who they are, they have done wrong and should be held accountable for their actions. Period.

Just my opinion.

shortbus likes this.

Expert

Nov 30, 2010
    I don't know what to do about it, as far as making up a rule, but there is something very wrong about people using this site for their personal social networking forum. This C&@p about, "I'm a multi-millionaire rock star between HIGHLY CLASSIFIED MISSIONS contributes no value to the site.

shortbus likes this.
  17. maxpower097

Feb 20, 2009
    I don't know who it is. I don't think its the guy you think it is but thats just me. I've PM'd him and talked to him. Everything he's said to me has checked out to one degree or another. I'm just blown away by how many people care so much. I wish I could get ahold of who was it JayGasby? and tell him how paranoid people are of him.

Expert

Nov 30, 2010
    Jaygatsby may or may not have anything to do with this. Here, let me give you an example: I am 6 feet tall and graduated Magna Cum Laude from MIT and Harvard, both in the same year! I have 3 doctorate degrees and a blonde Labrador puppy. I made my first million dollars with a paper route when I was 12 years old.

All these things are irrelevant to the purpose of this site.

shortbus likes this.
  19. takao21203

Distinguished Member

Apr 28, 2012
    I fabricated false Monopoly bank notes at that age, quite a lot more than 1 Million. Inflation! It was no helping, large piles began to stack up, and hush money was passed to keep quiet about the rule violations.

shortbus likes this.
  20. Georacer

Nov 25, 2009
    Some things to consider:

*The Offtopic subforum doesn't require members to showcase scientific subjects exclusively. Everyone is free to post anything they want here, as long as it doesn't cross the ToS or promotes pseydoscience. It's a hangout, that's all it is. Not a place to put our intellects to the test.

*You don't necessarily have to get your knickers in a twist because someone is wrong in the internet.

*AAC is a place most of you frequent daily, but is not your territory.

*Regardless of SplitInfinity's behaviour, the AAC community didn't handle the matter with integrity and calm mind, in my opinion. Instead, empathy and anger caused from JayGatsby was vented towards him.

maxpower097 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.