Wheatstone bridge for strain gauges

beedees

Joined Mar 29, 2015
Hi to everybody!
I'm coming near to the world of strain gauges and the measure of low level signal (such as those generated by strain gauge) for the first time. I have to realize a deformation measuring system for the traction and compression of a rod. I want to use two strain gauges, one to measure the strain and the other for temperature compensation. So I thought to use a half-bridge configuration. Considering my lack of experience with these kinds of application (the measure of low level signals and strain gauges) I don't know if there is the possibility to buy a bridge completion module so I can complete the bridge with my strain gauges. Let me explain better: if exist wheatstone bridges (half-bridge) with two completion resistors and the other two branches of the bridge are vacant in order to connect my two strain gauges I'll buy it! Otherwise I have to create it.

Thank you a lot!

beedees

Joined Mar 29, 2015
For my application I have choosen a linear strain gauge of HBM, to be more precise 1-LY41-3/120. The gauge manufacturer recommends his DAQ such as QuantumX, but for my application is too professional, expensive and it's no good for my application. I have to monitor suspension's strain on a race car, so this DAQ is very cumbersome and I want a system that works when the car is running.

For example I have found this product
http://www.vishaypg.com/docs/11042/mrseries.pdf
but I don't understand how I can utilize it.