Whci 16x2 lcd's are compatible?

camjerlams

Joined Dec 23, 2012
I am replacing an LCD that I fried from not lining up the jack with the pins properly and sending 5v down a signal cable..

It's labelled: CK66 UL94V-0 NAN YA PLASTICS CORP.

I can find lots of 1602 lcds on ebay but they all seem to have 2 encoders on the back, where mine only has one. I couldn't find a datasheet for the one I have either but I know pin1 is GND and 2 is 5V+, pin15 also 5V+.

Can anyone let me know what 16x2 displays are compatible?

Attachments

camjerlams

Joined Dec 23, 2012
Sorry, I've found it's actually a 16x1.. Would I be able to swap it out with another standard 16x1 lcd display?

THE_RB

Joined Feb 11, 2008
That is a large format 16x1 display. Most you can buy are a much smaller size.

The 16 pin pinout is very standard these days on 16x1 and 16x2 displays.

The main problem you will have is finding another large format display, but apart from that the chances are that it will be compatible.

It may not be compatible with a 16x2 because (from memory) large format 16x1 displays use 8x2 addressing internally.

ErnieM

Joined Apr 24, 2011
I am replacing an LCD that I fried from not lining up the jack with the pins properly and sending 5v down a signal cable..

It's labelled: CK66 UL94V-0 NAN YA PLASTICS CORP.

I can find lots of 1602 lcds on ebay but they all seem to have 2 encoders on the back, where mine only has one. I couldn't find a datasheet for the one I have either but I know pin1 is GND and 2 is 5V+, pin15 also 5V+.

Can anyone let me know what 16x2 displays are compatible?
What data sheet did you use to wire this display?

The signals of these displays are pretty much standard... where they appear on the connector is not. Swapping should be doable as long as you know what connects to where.