What's wrong with my schematics?

Discussion in 'Power Electronics' started by ElectroBoy7, Jul 19, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ElectroBoy7

Thread Starter Member

Dec 22, 2015
    Hello everyone!

I took apart a Chinese flashlight and started to Reverse Engineer its circuit in order to learn more about circuits.

This part is the AC-DC converter of the flashlight and it looks like this:

Back.jpg

The red and black wires goes to the positive and negative of a battery that looks like this:

bat.jpg

And this is the schematics that I tried to build:

schem.jpg

I think there is something wrong with it because, as you can see, R2 and the led are connected to the point 1 which has AC current, ¿right? ¿Shouldn't it exploit or something like that?

I'll add more questions in a few minutes.
    PD: Sorry for the large images, don't know how to post them correctly :(

Thanks in advance!

2. benta

Dec 7, 2015
    Your post will without a doubt be blocked by the moderator.
    It is a capacitor-drop transformerless charger, which is not allowed here.
    Don't ask me why, I also had a thread locked on this subject. Some types of electronics are forbidden here.
    Scared about litigation? I don't know.
    But you know what to expect now.

Benta.

3. ElectroBoy7

Thread Starter Member

Dec 22, 2015
    Are you serious?!
    I think that's the most pathetic thing mods can do, I mean, people like me who want to know how does that work and has little knowledge of electronics will stay the same because of "forbidden electronics"?
    If that's the case I guess I should delete my account as well, because what's the point of having questions and not be able to ask them because of some random rules?

Nevertheless. if a mod is going to delete this post, they should tell me WHY in the first place.

Thanks for your reply benta.

4. djsfantasi

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 11, 2010
    The mods HAVE told you the reason. When you signed up, you were shown the link to the terms of service and told you had to read them. You did that didn't you? If so, you would have read the clear statement of what is allowed and what is not. Before going off on a fellow member even if he's a mod, make sure you've followed the rules. It is there for you even before you can make your first post.

5. ElectroBoy7

Thread Starter Member

Dec 22, 2015
    I haven't, I will.
    But what is that of "going off on a fellow member"????????
    Have I said something offensive? Don't think so mate, I guess you are just a little sensitive... o_O
    I "went off" on a rule, which I haven't read and THAT'S my bad, because my common sense tells me that is quite pathetic. Now I'll go and read it and then come back and reply to myself whether I keep thinking that way or not.

6. ISB123

May 21, 2014
    Mods probably wont close the thread as long as he keeps the project only on the paper.

7. ElectroBoy7

Thread Starter Member

Dec 22, 2015
    Thanks for your reply.

I mean, I'm not building it I just took apart a flashlight that I found lying around and I'm just trying to understand how does that work and what mistake have I done in the schematics. Is that punishable? I can't find the part on the terms that says "You can't ask how a circuit works".

This is so irritating.

PD: I think I haven't been offensive to you, have I? If I have, I apologize otherwise "djsfantasi" might "go off on me" for acting bad.

8. AnalogKid

Distinguished Member

Aug 1, 2013
    And there's the problem. *Your* common sense is anything but common. The true common sense about non-isolated high voltage electronic circuits is that they always are dangerous, and frequently are lethal - Frequently enough that UL has several different classes of insulation and graduated physical spacing rules.

"people like me who ... has little knowledge of electronics..." and a whopping 30 messages should not start spouting off about what is or is not "pathetic." The words for that are uninformed, sophomoric, arrogant, stupid, and childish.

But I digress. Many people on this forum routinely design off-line electronics, maintain household wiring with the power on, and do other things not allowed for discussion here. The difference is that we have more than "a little knowledge" about what we are doing, and have the tools and experience to handle the tasks. By your own admission, you don't. You came here for advice from seasoned professionals. That is what you got. You pick the questions, we pick the answers.

ak

9. ElectroBoy7

Thread Starter Member

Dec 22, 2015
    True, that's why I said that I was going to read the part of the terms talk about this.

That's all I wanted. A simple explanation and now I'm just waiting for someone to tell me what I've done wrong in the schematics.

I said that the fact of asking something, not getting and answer and only getting warnings about the elimination of my post is what looks pathetic to me because as I stated before: "... I'm just trying to understand how does that work and what mistake have I done in the schematics. Is that punishable?"

And now you are just raging. I don't discuss with people like you that offend because that's what you are actually doing. YOu could've avoid this part and tried to make me understand without acting like you have. Pardon me for the question but... how old are you?

And because I don't have that knowledge is that I'm asking questions, but what happens when all I get is a random guy telling me that I'm " uninformed, sophomoric, arrogant, stupid, and childish"? Well, anyone could feel offended, not me, because I don't even know you and those words mean nothing.

That's the whole idea of a forum: "I pick the questions" (of course, being respectful) and you provide the answers (should be respectful, which you aren't, and I'm sure there is someone respectful out there, but not you).

Being a bit kind could take you places and win people respect. Being a bitter person, won't. And maybe that means nothing to you, as your adjectives to me, but I just wanted to put it out ;)

PD: Thanks for your reply, I know now why it may be deleted, although what I do not know is what mistake I've made and it would be nice if we could just focus on the electronics subject, shall we? I think we are mature enough to accomplish that. Cheers.

10. djsfantasi

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 11, 2010
    Just so you are aware of the restriction, in section 6 of the User Agreement section, your specific circuit is listed as prohibited.

1. Restricted topics. The following topics are regularly raised however are considered "off-topic" at all times and will result in Your thread being closed without question:
      • Any kind of over-unity devices and systems
      • Devices designed to electrocute or shock another person
      • LEDs to mains
      • Phone jammers
      • Rail guns and high-energy projectile devices
      • Transformer-less power supplies
      If You come across a thread or post discussing any of the above topics please report the thread so We can close, and if necessary remove, the offending thread/posts.

11. ElectroBoy7

Thread Starter Member

Dec 22, 2015
    Thanks for the reply but the topic of this post is What have I done wrong with my schematics...

Looks that to ask such of things is forbidden. Thanks everyone, I'm deleting this account.

12. crutschow

Expert

Mar 14, 2008
    Bye.

13. bertus

Administrator

Apr 5, 2008
    thread closed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.