What's a "Boogie Board"?

agroom

Joined Oct 15, 2010
Staring a new class and one of the required supplies is a boogie board. I looked them up and what I found were electronic writing tablets, though from the course info the description of it, a writing tablet doesn't really sound like what she's looking for.

"Boogie Board – The Boogie Board is a hand held electronic computer used to train you in soldering, programming and microcontrollers."

Well, it's kind of hand held electronic computer, but I don't see how one would train me in soldering, programming and microcontrollers.

I'm sure you guys know what it's supposed to be, any suggestions?

Sparky49

Joined Jul 16, 2011
Off the top of my head, I've always known Boogie Boards as a small surfboard item, which you simply bellyflop on top off to ride waves, instead of standing...:p

Personally, I can't see any reason why you would need one of those boards, perhaps it's trying to help save paper or something?

Another thing come to mind, could it be a typo and is meant to be a breadboard? That would make a bit more sense.:confused:

Even more sense would be a prototyping board, but it might be better to ask exactly what she wants.

Sparky

agroom

Joined Oct 15, 2010
haha yeah, I kinda figured the small surfboard was out of the question. I heard some kids reference the term "boogie board" in some of my other classes too, so I think if they mean prototyping board, maybe it's like a local slang thing...but yeah, email the teacher. I've been so far detached from going back to school, stuff like that doesn't even register.

Sparky49

Joined Jul 16, 2011
Aaaaargh!1/1/!?!!?1!?1//1?!!

What a strange name for a pic development board.

Why not give it a proper name like P"IB5436_378t3//JN£=2323nnnnnnA.02.000272?:rolleyes: