What would you say to this?

Discussion in 'General Electronics Chat' started by R!f@@, Nov 21, 2010.

1. R!f@@

Thread Starter AAC Fanatic!

Apr 2, 2009
    [​IMG]

Is it an act of God...?

Will the equipment work now..?

"Do not talk abt missing components, it will create problems. besides, electronics is something nobody knows"..:eek:
    ...something an old guy said to me today.

As if...he obviously had no idea who he is talking to :cool:

Story time later, for now what do u say?

Higher resolution pic attached.

2. Audioguru

Dec 20, 2007
    Sometimes a circuit works better with a part or two removed.

3. R!f@@

Apr 2, 2009
    Are you for real?

Seriuosly, what's missing is a triac and a varistor plus a low Ω high power res.

4. Audioguru

Dec 20, 2007
    Maybe the circuit board was being repaired. The bad parts were removed but replacement parts were not available.

5. GetDeviceInfo

Jun 7, 2009
    I don't get it. Every other board I work on has some non populated function.

6. debjit625

Apr 17, 2010
    As per me if the circuit was designed efficiently ,then the circuit is going to have problem after removing parts but many product in market have very inefficiently designed circuits as many parts in them are useless or the value selected is not proper,in most case it happens when the designer try to copy circuit section from any other module and apply it on the existing system without going for much details).

Sometime removing parts from efficiently designed circuits also not cause much problem but it will loose its efficiency.

In your case it is funny because their is no connection for those components in the pcb,I dont know about the other side of the pcb but if thats the case what you are trying to show us then it will make no difference after removing those components.

Good Luck

7. debjit625

Apr 17, 2010
    Audioguru and GetDeviceInfo I thing he is trying to show us that those components have no connection in the pcb.

8. hgmjr

Jan 28, 2005
    It may be a multi-layer board with traces present in internal layers.

hgmjr

Last edited: Nov 21, 2010
  9. debjit625

Apr 17, 2010
    hgmjr ,I have asked him about that lets see....

10. GetDeviceInfo

Jun 7, 2009
    Well, if you look at the high res, it would appear that the parts where placed, but then sniped out.

Somebody must have gotten their before you, and I doubt it was God, because why then would it be in your hands?

11. R!f@@

Apr 2, 2009
    Bingo.....we have a winner..:D

Some of u just don't get something like the more experienced ones.

What I was asking was tht do u think the component was broken off. From what I can see the PCB has been deliberately sabotaged.

I got involved in the internal affairs of a company :D
    What are the odds ?

Last edited: Nov 21, 2010
  12. kubeek

AAC Fanatic!

Sep 20, 2005
    If that is still for the lift, I would call it attempted murder :D

13. R!f@@

Apr 2, 2009
  14. GetDeviceInfo

Jun 7, 2009
    i was asked to do an annual budget for a manufacturing plant one year, and an HVAC contract had me perplexed. It was running a million a year for some basic systems that should have been 1/4 of that.

It just so happended that one day the owner/operator of that contract walked into my office, presented a control board that he claimed malfunctioned and he replaced. I thanked him but asked he leave me the board.

as I was jotting down the circuit in attempts to repair, it became evident early that the board was sabotoged by someone cutting a trace.

I left the company after some preliminary questioning by the police, and never heard what the outcome was.

15. maxpower097

Feb 20, 2009
    Its not uncommon to cut traces when a component is not needed after debugging. This looks like an obvious cut trace. Who did it and why its there is another matter.

16. R!f@@

Apr 2, 2009
    Some dude cut the tracks and u got questioned ? :eek:

17. R!f@@

Apr 2, 2009
    Do u honestly think this is a trace cut?

It's missing components for god's sake

Below are the leads I desoldered from the missing Triac, mov & Res

[​IMG]

This proves tht there was a component there before.

Whether the sewing machine was working with or without it is yet to confirm.
    After repairing the board, I got completely new faults. And tht error info is also something tht was not there before.

I am too baffled as what is going on in there.

18. GetDeviceInfo

Jun 7, 2009
    Once I brought my findings forward to managment, there was an investigation. not sure if charges were filed or not, never heard after that.

19. thatoneguy

AAC Fanatic!

Feb 19, 2009
    Try cutting out the parts you replaced, seemed to have worked for the last guy. :D

Got a higher resolution image of the front and back of that board? I've done a bit of repair on these with my son as a hobby.

20. R!f@@

Apr 2, 2009
    This is the first repair attempt...but the old guy seems to know tht fixing the machine is an impossible task and he is irritating me with his stories :mad:

I cannot yet tell the whole story until I have fixed it and to do tht I got to read Chinese :confused:

I am drawing up the board to see if the missing components are indeed in use.