What would be the danger of a shock nerf dart

Discussion in 'The Projects Forum' started by dlrdlrdlr, Aug 21, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dlrdlrdlr

Thread Starter New Member

Aug 15, 2015
    My friend bought a nerf gun with a new mega bullet. It looks like I would be able to fit a photo capacitor in it that I harvested from some disposable cameras. It seems like it would be a fun project and I would only shoot my friends with it who have no heart conditions or electrical implants. Is this safe to do in dry conditions. The leads that would apply the shock would be right next to each other so there isn't a path across the chest. I would probably be using a modified version of this cap charger I found on instructables http://www.instructables.com/id/Capacitor-Charger/?ALLSTEPS to charge the bullets.
  2. Alec_t

AAC Fanatic!

Sep 17, 2013
    The energy stored in a flash capacitor, together with the high voltage, are enough to KILL someone. Don't do it.
  3. JWHassler

Sep 25, 2013
    Getting smacked up by one of your friends who you thought was cool but turned out to be that one guy in two who hates being shocked?
    Or finding out that he lied about not having a weak heart?
    Lots of possibilities.
  4. dlrdlrdlr

Thread Starter New Member

Aug 15, 2015
    Alright though what makes it that different from a
    one shot teaser?
  5. WBahn

Mar 31, 2012
    Not much -- and one or two dozen people die from being tasered every year.

This thread is in clear violation of the User Agreement and is being closed.

"Forum members must not knowingly provide any information that may adversely affect another member; this includes, but is not restricted to, information that may potentially result in injury, death, damage or destruction of property and possessions."
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.