What will they think of next?

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
I got a ticket for hitchhiking in Georgia in 1970. I wonder if they're still looking for me :D
I got stopped in Seattle for crossing against the light in Seattle. Sunday afternoon, very few cars on the street. Cop told me he would let ne go because of cost of extradition. He said he would be watching. I walked to the next block, looked down the street and darned if he was not sitting there! You would think Seattle cops hard more important things to do.

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
Lots of odd stuff happened to me in Seattle. I was on 1st Ave. Back in the day First Ave had a bit of a reputation but you also crossed it coming from the ferry. I just got off of the ferry from Bremerton. :)

I was waiting at a cross walk sign (remembering the ugly incident previous). A sailor was on my side of the street waiting at the same light. There was an attractive young woman on the other side to be crossing toward us.

She had on a dress to just above her knees, buttons from top to bottom. The light changed and we all started to cross. Suddenly the wind blew and blew her dress open. She did not have a stitch on underneath.

There I am standing in the middle of 1st Ave with my mouth agape. I have no idea how long I was standing there but when I woke up the sailor had turned about, and had is arm around her walking her down the street at least a half a block away! :)

THE_RB

Joined Feb 11, 2008
That MAY hold true if the group are not given extraordinary power over the non-group population, and do not become elitist or cliquey in any way.

Good luck with that.

Joined Nov 30, 2010
Average intelligence and average morals...and lots and lots of guns?
I really hope I die before this scenario finishes playing out.

Joined Nov 30, 2010
You need to do something stupid like hitching along an interstate.
Bingo!

I was legal. I was beside the "on" ramp. I still got a ticket.
Unfortunately, I missed paying for it.:rolleyes:

The cop was nice about it. "Just covering my a$$ in case you get hurt. Doesn't matter that you didn't break any laws. We swear (under penalty of perjury) to false charges all the time, etc."

I was nice, too. I just had to get to Indianapolis in less than 3 days. Didn't have enough money for a bus or a train.
I did buy $20 worth of, "north" on a Greyhound Bus in Tennessee. I just could not get a ride in Tennessee! Then Ft. Campbell Ky. and the people couldn't have been nicer. A warm place to sleep, a free breakfast, and a ride to Indianapolis in the next 12 hours.

Last edited: