What will they call it?

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
If Budweiser gets bought up by InBev, will the brew become Stella-Weiser, or Bud-Artois? Studweiser? Bulla Artois?

I pass an ad going into town that reads "Budweiser, a great American lager". Will it become "Budweiser, a good Belgian brew"?

Thank goodness Anchor Steam will be unaffected.

thingmaker3

Joined May 16, 2005
Budweiser will never be a good Belgian brew. Budweiser will never be a good brew period. "American Lager" is code-speak for "serve ice cold so you can't taste how bad it is.":D

Seriously, corn syrup should not be a beer ingredient!! Try a nice Pilser Urquell instead!:cool: Or a Fraoch's!:cool:

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
Hopefully Budweiser is better in the states than it is over here. If you want Budweiser here drink Budvar.

InBev are going through a product rebranding at the moment. Stella Artois, by far their most famous tipple, is now being referred to as just "Stella" - I think this is an attempt to try and get away from the "wife beater" stereotype it has, certainly here in the UK. We also have Peetermans, which has coriander in it (!!), and Bock which is a dark brew.

I doubt you'll see any change - it'll probably just cost more!! :D

Dave

m4yh3m

Joined Apr 28, 2004
I've thrown up so hard bile came up...and that tasted better than bud light. I don't see how anyone can stand it. "You have to develop a taste for it" psh -- sure I'll develop a taste for piss before I will for bud light. My rules for alcohol:

Drinks = Alcohol >= 100 Proof

And I'll never understand how some people decide to drink wine just so others view them as "sophisticated". I've known a few idiots like that, and kept far away from them.

Never the less, I always enjoy seeing that garbage fly off the shelves -- means my bonus will be that much larger. Drink up!

Oh...and Dave.... what's the NASCAR equivalent over there in the UK? :p Tourists who don't know how to use a round-a-bout? *SNORT* Get yourself some Bud Light and watch a round-a-bout for the TRUE feeling of southern racing! WOOOWEE! :D

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
Oh...and Dave.... what's the NASCAR equivalent over there in the UK? :p Tourists who don't know how to use a round-a-bout? *SNORT* Get yourself some Bud Light and watch a round-a-bout for the TRUE feeling of southern racing! WOOOWEE! :D
That'll be Touring Cars (as they are known). That said NASCAR and the other oval-track motorsports are not very popular here in the UK - the track needs to be an obstacle course - not that I'm one to talk, I can't stand motorsports.

We do like the old sports and having a beer, however we are a little more pedestrian - a cool beer on the grassy banks of an English Cricket ground!

dave

loosewire

Joined Apr 25, 2008
The Daytona 500 was first run on pavement on the backside,a two lane
a narrow strip of paved road.Could have been a remote public or private
road.The featured part of race course was the beach,the front haft of
the race tract was beach sand.The beach sand was compacted by nature.Any race's run on beach's any where ,what about ice (auto).The infield at Daytona's first speedway was berm's of dirt and rock's push up about 50 feet high. You could what the race with no bother you.How about some favorite bar or Pub Name's around the globe.You guys travel,(BLUE 88) here ,your's next. Global brew names(how many countries do we have now. Loosewire swing on the rafters.(Bill my youthful days).

Last edited:

subtech

Joined Nov 21, 2006
Frankly, It wouldn't bother me if InBev was to buy Bud.
Maybe InBev could make a beer I could actually drink without getting sick...

bloguetronica

Joined Apr 27, 2007
If Budweiser gets bought up by InBev, will the brew become Stella-Weiser, or Bud-Artois? Studweiser? Bulla Artois?
The brand "Studweiser" has a bit of contradictory sense. Never saw someone being wise and a stud at the same time. Studs are more into stampedes. That is not wise, as you can imagine. :D:D:D