What was your favorite toy as a kid? One for under 10 and one for 10+ but no video games!

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
10+: Erector Set (Mechano).

Under 10, CASCADE by Matchbox. I assumed it was long gone. My brother recently found it in his attic. He rescued it 20 years ago when he stopped by my mother's garage sale. He put it in his attic and forgot to pull it out for his kids when they were of appropriate age and he never passed it on to me (my kids are in college). It just arrived in the mail this morning. The video below is not mine but you get the idea (it was only available for a few years).

MAB

Joined Dec 30, 2009
There are a few board games that I can recall. 'OPERATION' stands out as falling into the less than 10 year old category.
After that I discovered girls.

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
We bought one of those at a garage sale and turned it into a drinking game! That game is about all I remember from fall semester of my Sophomore year!

joeyd999

Joined Jun 6, 2011
I have vivid memories of Sundays. Everyone kept telling me how much fun I had Thursday, Friday and Saturday.
Funny. For us, Sunday was just another day. And another day meant another case of beer.

Edit: Hey, you can't spell beer without a 'double-e'.

nsaspook

Joined Aug 27, 2009
Early 60's era.
Marbles and spinning tops as a young kid. Over ten I was one of those kids who had science toys like microscopes and the big chemistry set with all the extra good stuff like acids to experiment on insects and compounds to make gun or flash-powder.

ISB123

Joined May 21, 2014
Before 10 I didn't really have a favorite toy.I just bought them in hope they will break soon so i can open them up and take DC motors.After 10 didn't really play with toys,I just made scientific projects and tried to reinvent steam engine which I made and it actually worked.:)

atferrari

Joined Jan 6, 2004
10+: Erector Set (Mechano).

Under 10, CASCADE by Matchbox. I assumed it was long gone. My brother recently found it in his attic. He rescued it 20 years ago when he stopped by my mother's garage sale. He put it in his attic and forgot to pull it out for his kids when they were of appropriate age and he never passed it on to me (my kids are in college). It just arrived in the mail this morning. The video below is not mine but you get the idea (it was only available for a few years).

And then the Japanese, based on that innocent game created Pachinko. It fits massive use by people of all ages!

pachinko parlor.jpg

Last edited: