What to make with micro switches?

PsychedelicFish

Joined Jul 9, 2012
I recently bought an oscilloscope on trade me (New Zealand version of ebay), and the guy who sold it to me also very kindly gave me a good amount of components with it. Among these components were a reasonably large number of micro switches, around 35-40 of them, mostly the same size, along with some fixtures for them. As I currently only deal with audio, I have no idea what to do with them all, but I have been wanting to branch out into other areas of electronics for a while. What do you suggest I use them for?
Thanks,
Edward

tubeguy

Joined Nov 3, 2012
Make a little rolling robot, use some for bump sensors.

If you like beer you could stick one under each one and have an alarm go off if a stranger grabs it. This would also work for sports memorabilia, expensive art object etc.. ;)

Last edited:

Brownout

Joined Jan 10, 2012
Or you could put one under each beer and connect them to a counter. When the quantity gets to a critical level, sound an alarm and go buy more beer.

atferrari

Joined Jan 6, 2004
Or you could put one under each beer and connect them to a counter. When the quantity gets to a critical level, sound an alarm and go buy more beer.
I like that way of handling critical moments! Pity I do not drink beer...but yes wine from time to time.

Wondering if it would work there too :p

KMoffett

Joined Dec 19, 2007
You could make an electronic piano.
Or a player piano... like the music boxes with a cylinder covered with pins. Instead of plucking the tuned metal fingers, the pins would push the micro-switches. The micro-switches would control oscillator gates. I had a student do this as part of a laser light show...pre micro-controllers.

Ken