What to do in vacations?

Rohitchampion

Joined Apr 24, 2013
I have completed my first year of engineering (Electrical and Electronics branch). And now I have vacations of about 2 months. I don't want to waste this time and I have to do something in electronics. I am really confused what to do. I have some basic knowledge about electronics. I have worked on arduino and AVR. I don't know much about SPICE (just some basics). Should I work on development board or just read books on electronics or attend some course like circuit designing etc etc. I really want advice from you experienced guys. Please help.
Thank you.

ErnieM

Joined Apr 24, 2011
Find something you enjoy and do it.

No matter what the job, people who love what they do tend to be the very best.

(If you find yourself doing something besides electronics... CHANGE YOUR MAJOR!)

crutschow

Joined Mar 14, 2008
If you are interested in circuit design then learn about Spice. LTspice is one of the better free versions from Linear Technology. Spice can have a somewhat steep learning curve but it's well worth it if you want to do any circuit design. It also makes it easy to explore the operation of various circuits without having to build them. LTspice has a reasonably good tutorial with many simulation examples.

jeccyka

Joined May 7, 2013
I advised you that try to make an internship so as to apply your knowledge to practice. Go to find a company or factory to learn more. Good luck. :)