What this mean in PIC

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
If those are markings on the package, they are likely to be date codes which specify the year and the week of the year in which the part was produced. Were they causing you any particular anxiety?

RRITESH KAKKAR

Joined Jun 29, 2010
Actually i have 10-12 Pic16f72 with these code.
There are not working as per codes some times free work after re-programming it get work, so i just look on them for knowing it in deep!
Here is the code...
with 6V powers supply, 20Mhz and 22pF Cap at osc.

C:
#include <htc.h>

__CONFIG( BOREN_OFF & PWRTE_ON & WDTE_OFF & FOSC_HS);

#define _XTAL_FREQ 20000000

main(){

TRISB=0x00;
PORTB=0x00;
__delay_ms(400);
    while(1){
        PORTB=0x00;
__delay_ms(400);

PORTB=0xff;
__delay_ms(400);

}

}

Last edited:

ErnieM

Joined Apr 24, 2011
I once went far looking use dedicated function practice fundamental after reprogramming and full refurbishment.

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
If you bought them from a reputable distributor you can return them for a credit.
I get the joke now -- PIC is a new form of English with syntax and semantics that have to be heard to be understood.

Last edited:

Brownout

Joined Jan 10, 2012
Actually i have 10-12 Pic16f72 with these code.
There are not working as per codes some times free work after re-programming it get work, so i just look on them for knowing it in deep!
Here is the code...
with 6V powers supply, 20Mhz and 22pF Cap at osc.
When does it stop working? After you remove/apply power?

RRITESH KAKKAR

Joined Jun 29, 2010
Hello,
The PIC are fine working in Programmer.
In my circuit there is 4 PIC16f72, in of this 1st and 3rd are working.
the 2nd and 4th is not working at all.
I have checked connection all are fine but i don't understand, what is the hiding problem in it??
I have added 7805 5V supply too.

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
Ritesh,

Please answer the questions put to you. Otherwise, this will end up another century post thread with no resolution.

The PIC are fine working in Programmer.
What does that mean? Are you doing in-circuit simulation or does it simply mean the chips were erased and programmed successfully according to the programmer? Did you read the chips to see if changes you intended were incorporated?

Ritesh said:
In my circuit there is 4 PIC16f72, in of this 1st and 3rd are working.
the 2nd and 4th is not working at all.
What happens if you swap 1 with 2 and 3 with 4 in the circuit? Do chips #1 and 3 still work in their new positions?

John

Last edited:

RRITESH KAKKAR

Joined Jun 29, 2010
Does it simply mean the chips were erased and programmed successfully according to the programmer? Did you read the chips to see if changes you intended were incorporated?
Hello,
Yes, it is working programmer!
What happens if you swap 1 with 2 and 3 with 4 in the circuit? Do chips #1 and 3 still work in their new positions?
Hello,
chip are working in position 1 an 3 but 2 and 4 are not!!
I test the chip in all position it only work in 1 and 3 only.

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
Hello,
Yes, it is working programmer!

Hello,
chip are working in position 1 an 3 but 2 and 4 are not!!
I test the chip in all position it only work in 1 and 3 only.
The problem is either in your program (i.e., chips in positions 2 and 4 need to function differently than chips in positions 1 and 3) or in the wiring for positions 2 and 4. It is not a problem with your PIC chips.

John