what software should i use..?

Discussion in 'General Electronics Chat' started by dony91, Feb 27, 2013.

1. dony91

Thread Starter New Member

Feb 27, 2013
    i don't have money to buy oscilloscope ,digital multimeter . I am wondering if there's a software where i can design a circuit and analyse it using oscilloscope ,digital multimeter ..:) i want to mess around with the resistance , inductance and voltage and other stuff and see what happens. . .

i am hoping to find a software/apps/freeware that has the function of a complete electronic lab ..is there such a software available??

2. MrChips

Oct 2, 2009
    Depends on your country where you live. A digital multimeter can be had for the price of lunch.
    And an analog one for half the price.

3. takao21203

Distinguished Member

Apr 28, 2012
    I had many cheap DMMs, they all broke after a while.

Most commonly the wires break off from the plugs and probes.

Only expensive DMMs have good cables.

A workaround is to wrap the terminations with electrical tape.

Especially in a way the cable has no tension where it is soldered inside the probe tips.

I even had the probe shells breaking at the tips, also fixed with electrical tape.

4. SPQR

Nov 4, 2011
    You mean simulation software, like LTspice?

dony91 likes this.
  5. MrChips

Oct 2, 2009
    My AVO meter still works. I've only had to patch the leads once.

6. dony91

Feb 27, 2013
    i have tried using "eagle pcb design software".. but there is no oscilloscope ,digital multimeter to analyse my circuit...
    i am hoping to find a software whereby i can virtually conduct my experiment on circuit...does such software exist??
    :)

7. dony91

Feb 27, 2013
  8. takao21203

Distinguished Member

Apr 28, 2012
    See post #4. Also WinCupl and Proteus are good for this purpose.

WinCupl you should be able to find from google, or from the Atmel website. It is mainly for digital circuits. LTSpice is also known as "Switcher CAD", you can indeed simulate many analogue circuits with it.

Proteus as free version is only for demonstration, useable for some circuits, but the paid version is better.

dony91 likes this.
  9. kubeek

AAC Fanatic!

Sep 20, 2005
    Also there is Micro-cap which has a more user-friendly interface than ltspice, and has some nice examples and tutorials included.

dony91 likes this.