What should we look out of an inductor??

mrudul

Joined Jul 25, 2010
hai,
What should we look at while we are designing an inductor especially when they mention only the value . and also when they say the turns ? I would like to know whether there is any problem if the thickness or the diameter of the coil or the lenght of the coil is taken of our choice.?

thatoneguy

Joined Feb 19, 2009
The physical size of the coil, as well as number of turns determines the inductance.

The size of the wire used to make the coil determines the current handling ability, and the parasitic resistance.

What value inductor were you trying to make? Do you have a ferrite core if it is a mH value?

hgmjr

Joined Jan 28, 2005
In addition to the factors mention by thatoneguy, an important factor in the design of an inductor is the choice of material out of which the core is made.

hgmjr

mrudul

Joined Jul 25, 2010
In addition to the factors mention by thatoneguy, an important factor in the design of an inductor is the choice of material out of which the core is made.

hgmjr
Inductor which i have to make is of air core having 7 turns and having 0.3mm diameter of the wire and 3 mm diameter of the turns. I dont know how much is the inductance...

magnet18

Joined Dec 22, 2010
I dont really know that much about this topic, but I came across this ste a while back, it didn't apply to me at the time, but you might find it useful.

Last edited: