What kind of watch do you wear?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by TheButtonThief, Aug 18, 2015.

1. TheButtonThief

Thread Starter Active Member

Feb 26, 2011
    Being completely mad about watches, the first thing I look for when I meet someone for the first time is their watch. The watch they're wearing can tell me allot about their personality, more so than the clothes they're wearing, the manor in which they speak or the car they drive. If I meet a suited up mortgage adviser with a Suunto tucked beneath his double cuff, I'd assume that he resents his stuffy office and his desk and looks forward to the weekend where he can bugger off for a 100 mile ride on his 10 speed. I met a taxi driver who wore an Rolex Explorer II but it looked badly beaten with dings and scratches everywhere, not the sort of ware that you'd expect a taxi driver to inflict on his watch. I asked him what he did in his spare time and I was almost bang on with my guess that he's a rock climber, he likes bouldering.

I'd like to get to know everyone here a little better, post a picture of your watch.

Jay

MaxHeadRoom likes this.
  2. tracecom

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 16, 2010
    The watch I wear is not worth the trouble of a photo; it's a Casio Forester that is five years old and has a replacement band from China. For me, watches are for knowing the correct time, not for massaging my ego.

3. GopherT

AAC Fanatic!

Nov 23, 2012
    So, let me get this straight. You are openly telling us that you want to get to know us better, but you don't want us to tell you about ourselves. You only want us to tell you about our watch so you can then fantasize/stereotype/fit us into some pigeon hole of personalities that you have previous linked to a particular brand or model of watch. Since there are so many different brands and models, you have not likely met a person that wears each brand/model and, therefore, you are likely just fitting each person you know into a box that corresponds to the activity they guy in the staged and photoshopped Advertisement in a magazine like Mens Health/Playboy/ or where ever watch companies are placing ads these days.

So, are you interested in how I stereotype you for your attempt to stereotype people by looking at their watch?
    Are you interested in how I stereotype you based on your interest in watches?
    Are you interested in how I stereotype you for not knowing the difference between "ware" and "wear"?

image.jpg

4. djsfantasi

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 11, 2010
    I don't wear a watch, but when I do it's a Sighauer. I think.

5. nerdegutta

Dec 15, 2009
    Sometimes I weare this:
    [​IMG]

But most often I wear this:
    [​IMG]

"What do you see, Clarice? What do you see?"

#12 likes this.
  6. OBW0549

Mar 2, 2015
    You judge people by the watches they wear? Man, that's really... messed up. Yeesh!

wayneh, Brian Griffin and #12 like this.
  7. tjohnson

Dec 23, 2014
    Why do I need a watch when I have a cellphone?:p

8. boatsman

Jan 17, 2008
    I don't have a watch, There's a 24 hour clock at the bottom of my computer screen. When I go out I use my steam cellphone to tell the time. If I want to know the time in the middle of the night I just make a loud noise and within seconds someone will be sure to shout out, "who is making all that noise at three o clock in the morning!

absf likes this.
  9. tracecom

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 16, 2010
    My brother has the same MO, but I refuse to be tethered to my phone and often don't carry it. On the other hand, I sleep with my watch on, so I guess I am tethered to it.

10. Wendy

Mar 24, 2008
    Many digital watches of many colors. I match my outfit as best I'm able. All are around $20 or less.

11. R!f@@

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 2, 2009
    I don't need no stinkin' watches.

12. TheButtonThief

Feb 26, 2011
    Who said I was judging? "You're black which means you must be a criminal", that's judging! I simply said that a person's watch is the first thing my eye is drawn too, more so than the shoes or clothes they're wearing.

You must mean that in a way where you're not judging me, otherwise you'd be a hypocrite ;)

13. DerStrom8

Feb 20, 2011
    I don't "ware" watches. "Their" not necessary in my everyday life. I saw an "add" for a fancy "won" on the "forth" of last month but decided I didn't need to "by" it. I decided to go "too" the store to buy some "meet" for a sandwich instead.

wayneh and shortbus like this.
  14. TheButtonThief

Feb 26, 2011
    I'm dyslexic.

Do you usually poke fun at disabled people?

...how to post like a twat

15. DerStrom8

Feb 20, 2011
    Easy now, I'm dyslexic too. Learn to take a joke :p

16. gerty

AAC Fanatic!

Aug 30, 2007
    I don't own a watch....never have...

17. Wendy

Mar 24, 2008
    Those who don't have watches probably use cell phones.

Jokes on you. Fixed.

18. BR-549

Sep 22, 2013
    Time piece.

19. DerStrom8

Feb 20, 2011
    Missed one:
    Different meaning, but still should be "wear".

20. Wendy

Mar 24, 2008
    Curses!