What kind of connector is this?

Discussion in 'The Projects Forum' started by ntomic, Jan 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ntomic

Thread Starter New Member

Jan 29, 2012
    Can someone help me with my project problem. I bought a Honda S2000 gauge cluster which is shown in my picture. I need to create a custom wiring harness to attach it to my Honda Civic's wiring. I need to know what kind of connectors are shown in the picture. I believe they are two different sized connectors. They are green. It might be Molex, but I'm unsure. I'm new to the electronics world so my descriptions are a little rudimentary. Usually, there are no pigtails harnesses included with the cluster at the salvage yard. That part sells for about $500 because it includes the complete car wiring harness. Can someone give me some good suggestions on the type or connector that I need? I don't have better pics of the connectors. Thanks.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. jimkeith

Oct 26, 2011
    I think it could be what is called a matrix connector--possibly mfg by Weidmuller, RDI or Phoenix

3. Experimentonomen

Feb 16, 2011
    Also i think this violates the forums ToS/rules.

4. ntomic

Thread Starter New Member

Jan 29, 2012
    Thanks for everyone's input. This type of connector is a little tuffer to hunt down on the web than I thought.

I'm trying to find out how I am violating the ToS/rules. I'm not sure how I am. Thanks

5. BillB3857

Feb 28, 2009
    Read here... http://forum.allaboutcircuits.com/showthread.php?t=53904
    A custom wiring harness would be a modification to your Honda Civic. Hope you can understand the potential safety aspects of a modification gone bad.

6. Georacer

Nov 25, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.