What Is your Goal

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by loosewire, May 19, 2012.

1. loosewire

Thread Starter AAC Fanatic!

Apr 25, 2008
    Mine is to live a good life,speak my opinion. I often wonder how many people online

realize any goals or dreams. It seems to me that the big goal is far away ,like the

Facebook IPO ,people have questions about the facebook goal and the people that

have pages on it. No goal,just for showing off to friends.A reason to see your picture

on the Internet. Riaff,Bmorse,Joey are among the few that show some sort of sucess

in these times. It's for sure that there are the silent sucess positions on this Forum.

My point is do you have a goal,more than a job. There seems to be project goals.

I want to feel that the Forum is developing $150,000 + goals that will happen not

just talk about them,until then the recovery will be stalled. Engineers are like ghost ,

you don't see them,they only make a few stops to a project and you don't know who

they are. How many Grad's do we have this month, are there jobs out there for you.

Last edited: May 19, 2012
  2. maxpower097

Feb 20, 2009
    Get married or find a life partner, possible have kids or adopt at some point. Own my own acreage in the country where I can be 90% self sufficient. And if I have time invent or do something that helps humanity in someway. Which these days seems like almost an impossible goal. I don't think I'm looking for too much. Do you?

3. loosewire

Apr 25, 2008
    You are right about putting all of the goals you mentioned together. you go

out into the country,you find no-see u'm's ,bugs that can go thru the holes

in screen doors. Women stay on web ,stopping just to eat....you do hear about

them going out fastfood places to check guys out. Some have ready made famlies.

You need a job to get in the door to share the welfare food. A mobile home near

the water so you will have a place to jump into the water to relieve tension. Fight

for computer time,she will still be looking while you sleep,is this a dream or a new

country song or urban poem. Go to the food store and say hi to every women that

looked at you,it would be great to have a women view of this,so they could say

you have it all wrong...here to max without the facts...looking for a home..the

Homeless Song....If you like beer,say can I buy you one...feed u'm...and feed

feed u'm more,you will find a open door. This would be a sad song,if wasn't so sad.

That finding true love is so gone. It take's another country song,when you thought

you had heard them all ,your back to the wall, and lost all hope..she will throw you a

spiritual rope..if you can hold on..if you can hold on..an ode to the computer man.

4. nerdegutta

Dec 15, 2009
    This seems like down to earth goals, hopefully you are getting there. What are you doing to get there?

My goals are divided in 2. Long term and short term.

Longterm.
    Live a health life, with lots of time spent in nature, listening to what the nature has to say. Whether it is on the boat at sea, or in the mountains.
    Spend time with family, and be patient and kind.

Short term.
    Guide/push my daughter though school and university, so she gets a decent education.
    Do well at work, so my ongoing building projects don't have red numbers.
    Read and, hopefully, understand my two recently bought books. (The art of Electronics, and Modern Electronic Circuits Reference Manual)

@Loosewire:
    What do you do to reach your goals?

5. loosewire

Apr 25, 2008
    All my on going goals are complete.

New goals are high to reach.

My new goal is to be a better speaker.

When I sat down tonite it was for research.

Then I saw Max's post on goal's and went off

with words of song. I made a goal today to

place a flag on all the unflagged,flag poles

on our public building,because the powers

to be think we will offend someone with

our flag. There are over a hundred langages

in our schools.

6. Brownout

Jan 10, 2012
    Retire early, or ASAP at least.

7. strantor

AAC Fanatic!

Oct 3, 2010
    short term goals (next 5 yrs):
    Get engineering degree
    Turn my backyard into an ecosystem
    build an EV

Long term goals (>5yrs):
    Buy a farm, and make it self-sustaining
    Own my own business.

loosewire likes this.
  8. loosewire

Apr 25, 2008
    Had that goal at 16. Where I GOT THE WISDOM?

9. Brownout

Jan 10, 2012
    OH yeah, and lose 25 pounds.

10. R!f@@

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 2, 2009
    Die......!

11. DerStrom8

Feb 20, 2011
    My goal is to find myself, then help others do the same. There are two main life philosophies I live by:

"γνῶθι σεαυτόν" (Greek for "Know Thyself")

and

"Hakuna Matata" (Swahili for "No Worries")

Those are my two main goals, and if I can help anyone along the way to do the same for themselves, I'll do my best to do so.

That's my goal in life. 'nuff said.

Sparky49 and loosewire like this.
  12. MvGulik

Nov 3, 2011
    Mmm .... seem to have lost most goals ... Except the one that seems to be hard-wired into my brain on position 1.

Nothing that live's goal will not fix ... (which is not a personal goal ... except for R!f@@ is seems. :p )

13. Wendy

Mar 24, 2008
    Live long and prosper?

DerStrom8 likes this.
  14. DerStrom8

Feb 20, 2011
    [​IMG]

15. justtrying

Mar 9, 2011
    “If I can't make it through one door, I'll go through another door- or i'll make a door. Something terrific will come no matter how dark the present.” Tagore

p.s. no goals, rather make plans or dream dreams...

I am officially no longer a student and am now unemployed ;) I did a technology diploma. In Canada there are jobs, but not where I am, so will likely have to move. I am going to spend some time trying to find a job here, then try other areas. At the moment need any job due to a loan. Will see what happens. Might end up doing masters in a few years, who knows.

Last edited: May 26, 2012
    maxpower097 likes this.
  16. Wendy

Mar 24, 2008
    It is a fine line. I see jobs for engineers all the time, they don't seem to be doing as bad as the rest of us. Too much degree can be bad, I've also heard of many cases where someone had to understate their degree, because the employers couldn't pay them what the employers thought they were worth, and they are afraid they are only a stepping stone for something better.

17. MvGulik

Nov 3, 2011
    Naa, If only it/I was that simple ... Although I think that one is lingering around position 2. :)

18. GetDeviceInfo

Jun 7, 2009
    3 weeks in/1 week out, fly out of Edmonton/Calgary. Up to $3K/week. Not for the mild mannered.

19. debjit625

Apr 17, 2010
    My goal is to become very very very rich...

Now about my current project(goal), I am building a PC based oscilloscope and I just want to complete it but again having a lots of problems...

20. Wendy

Mar 24, 2008
    I'm working on the "Live Long" part. So far not so good.