What is this sensor & where to buy

Discussion in 'General Electronics Chat' started by Vindhyachal Takniki, Oct 9, 2016.

1. Vindhyachal Takniki

Thread Starter Member

Nov 3, 2014
  2. sailorjoe

Jun 4, 2013
    My search didn't turn up any off-the-shelf sensors, only complete units. If it was me, I'd first contact the company that made the unit you have, and ask for a replacement part. Is it an ultrasonic sensor? It looks like it, but not sure.

3. jpanhalt

AAC Fanatic!

Jan 18, 2008
    Of all the properties being monitored, i.e., fats, proteins, solid-non-fats, density, added water, freezing point, lactose, pH and temperature, and conductivity, with which one(s) is that sensor involved?

John

4. Vindhyachal Takniki

Thread Starter Member

Nov 3, 2014
    @jpanhalt fat,snf,density,added water, protein

5. jpanhalt

AAC Fanatic!

Jan 18, 2008
    One could probably measure 4 of those 5 characteristics with a near infrared sensor. Density might be a calculated value.

In either case, you are not giving us much to go on. Do you plan to design your own device or are you trying to reverse engineer a commercial device and are stuck on identifying what you think is its one and only sensor?

John

6. Vindhyachal Takniki

Thread Starter Member

Nov 3, 2014
    We are trying to make our own machine. Many companies make these machine. Like ecomilk, nuline & others.
    I am looking for http://www.spectralengines.com/about-us/contact-us .
    Which is according to you is better one. Sensor used in ecomilk or NIR sensor?
    Because cost is a factor here. Here one machine cost arounf INR35000.