What is this part an where can I get it?

tbm700

Joined Jul 24, 2013
Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone could help me identify this part or where can I buy from? I couldn't figuring out who was making this chip cause i been asking around and no one seem to be able to recognized it and I urgent need replacement part for this.

Thanks all,
Paul

Attachments

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
Since it says SCR210 right on it, I'd assume it's an SCR, also know as thyristor. It appears to be operated in forward voltage breakdown mode, where the gate is intentionally left open.

Was that a battery charger?

THE_RB

Joined Feb 11, 2008
It could be the Anode lead is cut but is common to the tab, and the tab makes the circuit connection when screwed to the Heat sink?
Max.
Correct, it's a 2-leg SCR, the Anode must be connected at the heatsink tag, and heatsink is probably live. I haven't seen one of those SCRs in a long time.

tbm700

Joined Jul 24, 2013
It was a circuit board in my walkie forklift. Before it broke we were able to charge direct from wall 110v to 12v DC battery via converter. But now the DC Amp gauge no longer indicate charging and what we found was one of SCR210's leg was broken.

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
It was a circuit board in my walkie forklift. Before it broke we were able to charge direct from wall 110v to 12v DC battery via converter. But now the DC Amp gauge no longer indicate charging and what we found was one of SCR210's leg was broken.
The fact it is a charger (DC), it most likely IS a SCR, there is no sign of a circuit board connection for the centre lead, so it could be the tab that makes connection?
If so and the part is defective (or broken), the part in post 2 could well do the trick, if re-soldering does not work?
Max.

tbm700

Joined Jul 24, 2013
Hi all,

If it was broke on the leg, I shouldn't have problem re-soldering but it was broken right at the bottom of the chip.

THE_RB

Joined Feb 11, 2008
The leg that was broken (middle ) will possibly be connected to the metal tab,
No they are made without a middle leg. The tag is used as the thrid connection. :)

Re the corrosion; Yech! How big is this "12v battery" that this device will charge? You might be able to get rid of that old PCB and SCRs and put in a more modern solution.

Even if that PCB still works it will not be for very long.