What is this Forum for?

Discussion in 'General Electronics Chat' started by RRITESH KAKKAR, May 16, 2015.

1. RRITESH KAKKAR

Thread Starter Senior Member

Jun 29, 2010
    Hello,
    Is learning from Forum or Internet is right way??
    asking question from other country??

2. MikeML

AAC Fanatic!

Oct 2, 2009
    Answer specific questions about the art of Electronics; not teach basics.

3. supremekizzle

May 16, 2015
    "Yes, Nigel. It iz zee art of zee electoniczz, inddeeed." download (7).jpg

Geez @MikeML, your such a nice and inviting guy. I've literally been part of this forum for 20 minutes and you've managed to be rude to me and another turning me off of this place entirely. They should really name this place forum.allaboutmikeml.com

4. ScottWang

Aug 23, 2012
    If you can then buy some books for the basics theories and the EE diyer's books, do the experiments to prove the theories are right, the books may have somethings wrong in it, and the experiments may go wrong too, so learning from errors, reading the basics theories repeating the experiments, day by day, then you will getting better, trying to solve the problem you met by yourself first, in modern internet age, so you can ask the questions you met, and following the guiding, if you want to get more progress then you have to learn how to solve the problem for other members, treat their problems as yours and go searching the answer, also look what others answer, day by day, year and years then you will felt that you already became familiar in EE area.

So reading the basic theories and to do the experiments, to find the problems and solve the problems, learning from the errors and repeating from the very basics.

5. nerdegutta

Dec 15, 2009
    I do not think there is a right way to learn and a wrong way to learn. It's all individual. If you learn by reading forum posts, using Google, or do what ScottWang propose, then it is good for you. But you will not get a diploma that says you've learned this and that from a university.

All my knowledge, as little as it may seem, is learned from using Google, reading articles, breadboarding and asking questions. All is done in my own pace, which is not on a daily basis.

When you ask a question, and somebody answers that you should do so and so, then I think it is important to do so and so. Remember that someone is using their time to help you. It is OK to be humble. :)

Metalmann, absf, KJ6EAD and 1 other person like this.
  6. MrChips

Oct 2, 2009
    All About Circuits is a global public forum with certain rules and etiquette. There are hundreds of long standing and respected members. You cannot just join and within 20 minutes begin challenging a member's behaviour and personality.

You have to be aware that many respected members spend years on AAC answering trivial and inane questions and after awhile can easily lose patience.

Like any social gathering, stick around for awhile first and learn the personalities of the members before putting yourself in hot water.

R!f@@, absf, djsfantasi and 4 others like this.
  7. WBahn

Mar 31, 2012
    And one of the prime points of etiquette on most boards is that what happens in a thread, stays in a thread. You don't go stalking other threads in order to make disparaging remarks to members based on your interaction with them in another thread.

cmartinez and Hypatia's Protege like this.
  8. ian field

Distinguished Member

Oct 27, 2012
    This forum has a row of tabs along the top of the page - one of them takes you to a collection of textbooks.

That way you can be learning from the forum and the internet.

9. Hypatia's Protege

Distinguished Member

Mar 1, 2015
    @RRITESH KAKKAR

I should think that, in light of your 5 years 'tenure' and 1600 posts, you'd be conversant with the nature of these fora and, indeed, this site? --- Am I missing something?:confused:

With sincere curiosity
    HP:)

DerStrom8 and blocco a spirale like this.
  10. DerStrom8

Feb 20, 2011
    Nope, not missing a thing. Such is the nature of Rritesh Kakkar. Same as over at ETO.

Hypatia's Protege likes this.
  11. Lestraveled

May 19, 2014
    If the question, "What is this forum for", is an effort to instigate self examination, then I am all for it. I often ask myself questions like, "what am I doing", "what is important", "where am I going with this". Self examination is always a healthy thing to do.

Of course it is. The internet gives you good answers and bad answers. Bad answers just means you get to have a bigger learning experience later. Anywhere you learn, is a good place.

Go to school just so long as it does not interfere with your education.

RRITESH KAKKAR likes this.
  12. cmartinez

AAC Fanatic!

Jan 17, 2007
    Troll alert...

shortbus and DerStrom8 like this.
  13. DerStrom8

Feb 20, 2011
    He's always been a troll, imo.

shortbus likes this.
  14. shortbus

AAC Fanatic!

Sep 30, 2009
    But he has his own teaching channel's out there on the web.

15. RRITESH KAKKAR

Jun 29, 2010
    Sorry, Which channel?

16. Himanshoo

Apr 3, 2015
    The way one 'understand' is the right and the best way....Gaining knowledge is not a function of countries

17. shortbus

AAC Fanatic!

Sep 30, 2009
    Aren't you the Ritesh Kakkar posting your papers on line?

18. RRITESH KAKKAR

Jun 29, 2010
    Which paper...you mean i should not post it you tube other too?

19. DerStrom8

Feb 20, 2011
    RRITESH, I think you should start using a translator....

shortbus and cmartinez like this.