What is the name of this socket ?

Discussion in 'General Electronics Chat' started by M11, Nov 6, 2011.

1. M11

Thread Starter New Member

Dec 27, 2010
    Hi,

I need a socket for my touch panel. The one I am looking for is shown in the pic below. Anyone knows what it is called ? I have been searching for it using keywords such as "touch pannel connector" , "touch panel socket" .. etc , but with no luck.

Another question. I want to build a logic convertor 5v to 3.3v . Sparkfun sells this: http://www.sparkfun.com/datasheets/BreakoutBoards/Level-Converter-v10.pdf
    the problem is that the BSS138 MOSFET is surface mount. Is there an equivalent through hole MOSFET that I can use ?

Thanks a lot.

2. thatoneguy

AAC Fanatic!

Feb 19, 2009
    The MOSFET is in a SOT 23 size, which is very easy to work with. It is 1/2 the pin pitch of ICs, but since there are 3 terminals, they are spaced apart very generously.

If you can solder an IC to pads, you'll have no problem soldering a 3 legged SOT-23 SMT, with the bonus that there are no holes to drill!

For the touch screen, It looks like a ribbon connector, but no dimensions. Once you have the dimensions of the ribbon, conductor count, and conductor spacing, then searching for the ribbon connector is simplified.

M11 likes this.
  3. Lundwall_Paul

Oct 18, 2011
  4. SgtWookie

Expert

Jul 17, 2007
    The 2N7000 is in a TO-92 package and is easy to work with.

If you'd really rather have a DIP package, check out something like these:
    IRLD014PBF, IRLD024PBF, IRLD110PBF, IRLD120PBF
    AvnetExpress.com has the best prices on these right now.