What is the best tool for corrupt SQL database repair and recovery?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fields

Joined Nov 25, 2015
What is the best tool in terms of efficiency, cost and success rate for repairing and recoverying corrupt SQL 2005 database files?
I need to purchase a tool for my Database Admins and I am searching for the best bet in the industry.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Be warned, we have had a lot of spam with this format lately. AAC does not tolerate spam in any form, it is an automatic ban.

We'll see what the reply you get looks like.

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
The best is the one that works. In my experience, some tools will work when others fail, and vice versa. I think it would be foolhardy to recommend one tool over another without actually testing them on your own particular brand of corruption.

RuneLassen

Joined Nov 28, 2015
Maybe this post will help you?
< removed link to commercial product >

The program can not save the recovered file unless you pay $99

Last edited by a moderator:

RuneLassen

Joined Nov 28, 2015
Be really sure that your db files are not compressed first. Right click on both the db files and the logs for all DBS (especially those that are system db's but basically any you want to use) go to properties then advanced and un tick the box that says compressed. Using certain OS cleaners will compress the files on your hard drive including db and log files. This causes them to behave as though they were corrupted.

If you have db's that you haven't backed up that are corrupted then try my suggestions as compressed db's will give you all sorts of errors. I dont want to sound pedantic but I would make sure I had good backup procedures and verbose logging rather than having a tool to recover corrupted databases. This sort of thing is last resort.

If you really need the program lot of tools available in Market. If you don't have the time and desire to search for, you can try a suitable tool SQL Server Recovery Toolbox which I usually use. This is my recommendation at your discretion. < removed link to commercial product >

The program can not save the recovered file unless you pay $99

Status
Not open for further replies.