what is that thing?(HELP)

ecjohnny

Joined Jul 16, 2005
I have a wireless motion sensor running up on a circuit that will activate a light bulb when there is motion.

Now from my local electronic shopkeeper, he told me that i can have multiple transmitters and receivers transmit at the same time because they have different address and would not affect each other.

Here i need some info on :
1) Is there such thing like many transmitter to one universal receiver?

2)After the motion is detected, i don't want to trigger the light bulb but a timer created in my VB program. How can i go about evaluating the "motions" send by each sensor and then to my computer?
Is that thing that does the job is microcontroller? any simple way or suggestions?

Thanks a lot.

thingmaker3

Joined May 16, 2005
1) Is there such thing like many transmitter to one universal receiver?
Yes. Each transmitter sends the transmitting address along with any data. The processor in the receiver keeps track of them.[/quote]

2)After the motion is detected, i don't want to trigger the light bulb but a timer created in my VB program. How can i go about evaluating the "motions" send by each sensor and then to my computer?
If you want your software to know which transmitter sent, as opposed to only knowing some transmitter sent, you'll need a receiver capable of providing that information.

ecjohnny

Joined Jul 16, 2005
ok.. thanks.. but can you explained a bit more on 2) ?

i supposed i just need a good receiver then?? Oh and i mean RF transmission in this case.

Anyone have any more solutions? also a bit more info is my project spec goes like this : After the motion is detected it will be transmitted to the receiver which will reset my timer I've created in my VB.

So i think i need to write a program for that?

thingmaker3

Joined May 16, 2005
Your receiver will need to distinguish between transmitters, and many alarm receivers do. But it will also need to output that information, which only some receivers do.

How the information gets into your VB will depend on how the receiver outputs the information. Some receivers have an RS232 port. Many hard-line panels (as opposed to RF) have LAN capability. I've not seen a radio panel with LAN, but such might well exist.

ecjohnny

Joined Jul 16, 2005
Thanks thingmaker3!

Also can anyone tell me:

1) if i need to know any programming or stuff for using RFID tags and the reader?

2)Any good website that give free tutorials/source codes for programming PIC18F8722 in C programming?

Thanks