What is on this PCB??

Mersod

Joined Jul 18, 2014
Extremely new to circuitry and am trying to replicate this board.

http://i.imgur.com/aDnBeXH.jpg

The problem however is the person who made the board is saying that this is a ULN2003A darlington transistor array and a HCF4094 shift register. Maybe they are, however everything I am finding online have feet and a solid back body they are connected to. Nothing like what is on his PCB. EBay and digikey have been no help thus far, but maybe it's just because I'm searching in the wrong place.

Does anyone have any idea what the actual parts in the picture are? A name, part number, anything would be appreciated. As I said I am very new to all this so I still have no grasp on the vocabulary necessary to possibly solve this problem.

Thank you!

sirch2

Joined Jan 21, 2013
Those are just IC Sockets into which you put the actual ICs - e.g. ULN2003A and HCF4094. Sockets are used because it is easier to remove failed chips by just unplugging them rather than having to unsolder.

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
Maybe the actual circuit has those two components.
What you are showing are two empty sockets with no ICs plugged in.

Mersod

Joined Jul 18, 2014
You guys are awesome. I should probably be embarrassed that I didn't know that but I'm in so far over my head right now I'm just happy to have an answer.

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
If you need some prototype boards, FuturLec sell strip board at a pretty reasonable price.
The alternative is the plug in breadboard, but the strip board is good for permanent one-off versions.
Max.