What is my remote control transmitting???

devilfrmheaven

Joined Oct 28, 2009
HI Guys,

I am back after a looong time, I started studying electronics again :)

I have a remote control setup for my bike, its a ready made remote control.
I would like to know what my RF remote control is transmitting so that I can make my own receiver circuit.

I want to change my existing remote control circuit as it is drawing a lot of current and is not efficient.

Can you guys help me know what my remote control is transmitting?

Is there a way I can make my PC receive the codes that are sent?

Regards,
Devil.

devilfrmheaven

Joined Oct 28, 2009
Not if its a Pee Wee Herman type "bicycle". Pretty sure he had an alarm on that bad boy.. :D (and a lotion dispenser :eek:)
Its not regarding the Bike dude, its all regarding the alterations done on it. I dont want to alter any of the wiring that came with the bike so I kept a separate wiring for my gadgets and then attached a remote control circuit to it.

And by the way this is how my bike looks like

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
There is no way to know even the smallest details about your remote. How do you know it uses RF? What frequency band does it use? How are the messages coded? This kind of research requires equipment seldom found in a hobbyist's garage. We're talking a couple of hundred thousand dollars and at least and undergraduate education to sniff out what is going on here.

I don't think any of that matters, if it involves adding any devices to the bike, wired or remote, then you're out of bounds and the moderators will tag you out.

Georacer

Joined Nov 25, 2009
If I understand you correctly, you have some gadgets on your bike and you control them with a remote.

You still need to tell us what those gadgets are and what you are controlling on them with that remote. You also need to describe if and how those gadgets are connected to systems of your bike.

devilfrmheaven

Joined Oct 28, 2009
i have the gadgets required for a cross country ride like gps, laptop chargers, cell phone chargers, fog lights, hazzard lights . fixing anything other than manufacturer fitted items like switches tend to rust the vehicle. thats the reason i went for remote and more over i did not want a head ache during a rainy day.

devilfrmheaven

Joined Oct 28, 2009
oops sorry forgot to mention... my remote control came in with a transmitter and a reciever it can control 8 systems. its just plug and play.. switch on the sources to relay...

devilfrmheaven

Joined Oct 28, 2009
Here Goes more details, I disassembled the Received and transmitter.

The transmitter is using pt2262

and I suppose it is using 315.0MHz

The screenshot shows the components.

Devil