What I Think-Loosewire

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by loosewire, Mar 27, 2012.

1. loosewire

Thread Starter AAC Fanatic!

Apr 25, 2008
    We have remebered Beenthere,and so many things.

I don't see any effort to engage HGMJR in many of our

post. His silence speaks loudly.

2. DerStrom8

Feb 20, 2011
    That's a good point. I guess I never really thought about it, but I have only seen a few posts by hgmjr since I joined this site a year ago.

What're you up to, h?

3. Wendy

Mar 24, 2008
    You have to engage his interest, then he is positively gabby.

Being a moderator is not about posting. Being a moderator is keeping your cool and looking at things objectively and being here. I spend a lot of my time doing nothing but scanning posts, looking for trouble. I am not as objective as I would like sometimes, so I try to make up for it other ways.

You would not believe the amount of spam we suppress. This site has tools to help with the job, but first you have to find it. Members help a lot, and I have found being invisible quite useful. Apparently these yahoo's look before running amok. It gives me great pleasure to nail a spammer just starting his run, just as it made me crazy when I saw it as a normal user and couldn't do anything about it.

R!f@@, gerty and DerStrom8 like this.
  4. hgmjr

Jan 28, 2005
    Greeting Loosewire,

Thanks for your concern. All is well in hgmjr-ville.

As for my low profile in the AAC forum, it turns out my level of participation has attenuated in direct proportion to the growth of the membership and member activity. I believe that my moderator responsibilities trump my participation as a member in the forum.

While I continue to be impressed with the breadth of the talent both technical and philosophical embodied in the AAC membership, I still enjoy putting in my 2 cents worth from time to time when the thread topic falls in my wheel-house or my technical interest.

hgmjr

Last edited: Mar 28, 2012
    shortbus and DerStrom8 like this.
  5. R!f@@

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 2, 2009
    Hello to h.

Please to know u are doing well.
    We never been engaged in any conversation though I read ur posts from time to time.

I am happy yet to know that you think we have talented members. :)

Regards.

Rifaa

6. loosewire

Apr 25, 2008
    Riaff ,you are good looking,have all the talent,go to India

you are most famous person.

7. R!f@@

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 2, 2009
    Me, to India?

Why ?

8. loosewire

Apr 25, 2008
    That what you said,that you go to India for for medical and other things.

That your words,not mind. What time is it there eastern time.

9. R!f@@

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 2, 2009
    Ah ! for medical we go to India, Singapore or Lanka.

Wify came to day. Mum and dad is leaving on the 30th to India.

10. maxpower097

Feb 20, 2009
    Beenthere was kinda strange for me, it was my first (friend?/online buddy?) that had passed and it was very near my birthday. It wasn't like I was shocked and in tears, but I realized how much this guy miles away that I had never really thought too much about effected my life as far as advice, tech support, etc...

DerStrom8 and 1chance like this.
  11. DerStrom8

Feb 20, 2011
    It was similar for me. I hadn't talked much with him--I was still quite new to the site. But when I saw the announcement thread, my heart just sank. From what I had seen of his posts, He was a very bright and friendly guy, and I never get tired of browsing through his old posts. This forum carries on his legacy, and as long as it's here, he'll never truly die.