What I Did Last Weekend ...

SgtWookie

Joined Jul 17, 2007
Actually, weekend BEFORE last... and actually on SATURDAY, 10/12/2013....

I married 1chance!

On the left is 1chance's grandson, her daughter-in-law in the middle and her younger son, also a USMC Veteran.

If the background looks a bit unusual, it's because we're on a 1930's vintage railroad dining car; we were on the Columbia Dinner Train that runs north from Columbia, MO towards Moberly and back. It was a nice, relaxing trip with family, friends and great food!

Attachments

Last edited:

SgtWookie

Joined Jul 17, 2007
1chance's eldest son, granddaughter and daugher-in-law

Note the candles!

I like this shot better

1chance's daughter, granddaugher, and son-in-law

Close-up of eldest son's daugher - isn't she a cutie? ;)

Attachments

Last edited:

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
Congratulations to both of you!
Did you get married on a steam train? How steamy was it?
Hey, that kid's not old enough to drink beer!

This must be a first for All About Circuits!

Last edited:

SgtWookie

Joined Jul 17, 2007
Congratulations to both of you!
Thanks! :D
Did you get married on a steam train?
Unfortunately not; this train has a type "A" diesel locomotive on both ends:

However, I AM planning on going back up to Michigan and having a ride on 1225 Pere Marquette:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGwUIE1DFwY
That video was taken before she underwent overhaul; she'd been taken apart for the last 3-1/2 years - however, they lit the boiler a couple days ago and moved her under her own steam just yesterday... the 1225's image and sounds were used in the 2004 animated children's movie "Polar Express". I used to play on the engine & tender when I was a youngster; it had been on static display at the Michigan State University campus for a number of years before some students decided to restore it in the 1980's. I'm quite pleased that she's up-and-running again.

How steamy was it?
We made our own! ;) :eek:

Link to their website: http://dinnertrain.com/

This must be a first for All About Circuits!
Well, I don't remember any forum members getting married to each other since *I* joined, anyway! Perhaps the real old-timers would know...

Last edited:

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Congrats guys!

I knew when it happened, but it wasn't my place to steal the thunder. Nice pics! I think Joyce is stunning. Steve, you look like you've lost a bit of weight. Fortunately for me, I haven't found it.

May you both have happiness in everlasting bliss.

elec_mech

Joined Nov 12, 2008
Thank you for sharing your news with us SgtWookie. My wife and I were also married in October (several years ago), although not on a train. :)

Congratulations and I wish you both the very best.

Now the only question is who is going to tell who to get off AAC at the end of the day to spend more time with them? :p

Georacer

Joined Nov 25, 2009
Congratulations to both of you, SgtWookie and 1chance! The Greek wish for newly weds is "A life laid with flowers!". May you live happily ever after!

I don't think I've ever seen a picture of SgtWookie before and not a recent one of 1chance. I knew about your story a long time ago, but in these photos, it seems that strangers are starring. Kind of weird.

How about that honeymoon? Is Jamaica still the destination?