What Fool Changed MySetting Overnight ?

studiot

Joined Nov 9, 2007
This morning I awoke to the sound of the AAC bird chirping, as always (Don't we all do this?) :)

And KERPOW *!#

I have 85 Emails from AAC telling me that a particularly active thread or something I had the temerity to offer a (helpful?) comment in has been updated.

85 Emails that's right and more than I have had over the whole of 2015 to date.

Georacer

Joined Nov 25, 2009
Can you verify that you don't have e-mail alerts enabled? Did you have disabled them in the past, after the new forum software switch?

studiot

Joined Nov 9, 2007
I haven't knowingly made any changes to my settings for at least 5 years.

I used to receive what appeared to be a weekly list on Monday morning, which was manageable and provided an occasionaly useful reminder.
But that stopped a while ago, well before the latest forum change.

Georacer

Joined Nov 25, 2009
I would start by checking the first two ticks in the Options section of the Preferences tab:
upload_2015-6-16_14-41-34.png

I don't see an option for bundled e-mail notifications as of now.

studiot

Joined Nov 9, 2007
Well I just looked and have none (not one) of the options ticked in the 'Alert Preferences' section, where I would expect to find them.

In the 'Preferences Section' I have all the list you show ticked, except the 'receive email notifications of replies.

Thanks for the reply.

atferrari

Joined Jan 6, 2004
Maybe the same fool that corrupted (erased?) the video drivers in my laptop, and decided that my tablet would stop peeking at my professional email with no warnings.

That fools is probably the same one that decided that I will be not receiving email notifications at all! :(

tom_s

Joined Jun 27, 2014
been that long since i been logged in..

couldn't recover password for some unknown reason and didn't have a clue on what i used until now

anyone miss me? :)

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
been that long since i been logged in..

couldn't recover password for some unknown reason and didn't have a clue on what i used until now

anyone miss me? :)
So many people left, it was hard to remember who was here. Even I took a month off.