what does UV means in circuitry?

cczone

Joined Dec 17, 2008
I'd seen many UV in a wattmeter circuit which looks like ground.
What does UV stands for in circuit?
Thanks

SgtWookie

Joined Jul 17, 2007
Just so you understand how small a uV is:
1mV (millivolt) is 1/1000 of 1v.
1uV (microvolt) is 1/1000 of 1mV, or 1/1,000,000 of 1v.

KMoffett

Joined Dec 19, 2007
Looks like it is just a letter reference designation to all connections made to the "SOURCE-" in the lower-left of the schematic...not a universal thing in electronic schematics.

Ken

cczone

Joined Dec 17, 2008
Looks like it is just a letter reference designation to all connections made to the "SOURCE-" in the lower-left of the schematic...not a universal thing in electronic schematics.

Ken
erm...sorry but does that means anything beside designation? :confused:

KMoffett

Joined Dec 19, 2007
Nope...I don't think so. Instead of "UV", it could have been labeled "SOURCE-" or "A" or "G" or "COM" or "123" or any other way to relate the connections throughout that schematic that connect to the line between SOURCE- and the R15.

Ken

hgmjr

Joined Jan 28, 2005
Now that I have the schematic to refer to the answer to your question is a bit clearer. The "UV" label you were asking about is actually 0V and just appears to be "UV" since the upper part of the 0 is obscured by the horizontal bar in the ground symbol.

hgmjr

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
It looks like "0V", not "UV" which would be consistant with its use as a ground symbol. Considering the confusion that it caused, it seems a less than professional thing to do.

Edit -- constructed my response before reading the above post. I agree with what hgmjr said.