What does it mean when # of messages = 0

Discussion in 'Feedback and Suggestions' started by Lestraveled, Oct 8, 2014.

1. Lestraveled

Thread Starter Well-Known Member

May 19, 2014
    Under the members avatar is a line that shows the number of messages they have posted. What does it mean when that number equals zero and they are still posting?

2. tshuck

Oct 18, 2012
    Probably that their posting in the Off-Topic section - those posts don't count...

3. Lestraveled

May 19, 2014
    Got it. Makes sense

4. Electric Al

Nov 6, 2013
    On your avatar , what is on your forehead ?

I have been trying to figure it out. .

You 'r not a cyborg , are you ? :confused:

5. Lestraveled

May 19, 2014
    That is a bolt sticking out of my head. I was working on a engine when all of a sudden I got this splitting headache. Just kidding. It was Halloween a few years ago. The bolt is a latex prosthetic glued on with spirit gum (makeup).

6. jpanhalt

AAC Fanatic!

Jan 18, 2008
    I thought you had been assimilated as a Borg.

Many years ago, I knew a man who was injured by an exploding tire rim. He was never the same afterward. Thankfully, truck tires are not made that way anymore.

Good health to you.

John

7. jrap

Administrator

Jun 25, 2006
    It's my understanding that Xenforo doesn't update the post count immediately after a post, in order to reduce server resources. I think post counts are updated every half hour. This is the same with the thread view count, etc.

8. tracecom

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 16, 2010
    Within the last two weeks, I read in a small town paper about a man who was killed while mounting a tractor tire. The customer who owned the tractor was standing nearby, and was seriously injured. I don't know exactly what happened, but the paper mentioned an explosion.

9. jpanhalt

AAC Fanatic!

Jan 18, 2008
    Not even Wikipedia has a description. Split rim tires were used on industrial tires up until the 1960's (maybe later). They are no longer legal in the US. Basically, because of the difficulty of stretching the tire bead of an industrial tire over the rim, the rim was split so it could be inserted after the tire was mounted. Of course, if the bolts holding the rim together were well rusted or the rim was disassembled while the tire had pressure, the split rim could blow off the tire with explosive force. Even with modern tires, the recommendation is not to hover over the rim while inflating. A really old tractor may still have a split rim. Mine does not.

upload_2014-10-8_16-54-49.png

John

10. Lestraveled

May 19, 2014
    Split rims

Georacer likes this.
  11. jpanhalt

AAC Fanatic!

Jan 18, 2008
    That is so scary and is exactly what happened to the man I knew. Even modern tires can explode. I hope people know to stand behind the tread for all tires, particularly for high pressure tires.

John