What do you do in your spare time?

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Yeah, but in a room full of nerds what else are we going to do? :p I could lie and say I date a different beautiful girl every night, but that is a fantasy.

My job has gotten weird. 6 or 7 days a week weird, and has lasted most of this year and will continue on to the next. I like having a job, I'm not too sure I like having this one though. Gotta have some time to write and wire.

Nanophotonics

Joined Apr 2, 2009
Yeah, but in a room full of nerds what else are we going to do? :p I could lie and say I date a different beautiful girl every night, but that is a fantasy.
I know, but still, we engineers and scientists are leading the world of technology entertainment enjoyed by a majority of non-tech people :D

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
I have to exclude myself from the heights of Mt. Olympus, as I am neither an engineer nor a scientist. But I read a lot. History is the most interesting, but some political thrillers are fun. I do not have block of time enough to really enjoy good novels - I read in snatches. Either I have changed, or there isn't much good science fiction any longer.

I do watch movies, thanks to Netflix, while I pedal the exercise bike.

wii552

Joined Dec 2, 2009
when i am back from school, build robots, fix stuff, build things, sit on the computer, and when it is winter, get into unintentional snowball fights

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
I have to exclude myself from the heights of Mt. Olympus, as I am neither an engineer nor a scientist. But I read a lot. History is the most interesting, but some political thrillers are fun. I do not have block of time enough to really enjoy good novels - I read in snatches. Either I have changed, or there isn't much good science fiction any longer.

I do watch movies, thanks to Netflix, while I pedal the exercise bike.

We need to start a separate thread on that one. I'm seeing a new crop of writers who are coming along nicely.

I'm a semi-retired EE. Does consulting engineering. Runs sport fishing boat on Lake Erie in summer. Hunting activities are curtailed somewhat since my 400 power nose died (Labrador Retriever).
Have 2 children in college, so will be short of money for next few years.

Regards, DPW [ Spent years making heaters out of op-amps].

I'm a semi-retired EE. Does consulting engineering. Runs sport fishing boat on Lake Erie in summer. Hunting activities are curtailed somewhat since my 400 power nose died (Labrador Retriever).
Have 2 children in college, so will be short of money for next few years.

Regards, DPW [ Spent years making heaters out of op-amps].

hows the fishing in Erie, PA? I'm from the Port Clinton Area the Walleye Capital of the world.