what do you do at weekend?

gerty

Joined Aug 30, 2007
Here's a couple of pics from this weekend. I used a Garmin GPS to take the pics and they aren't that good. One is from the rope station that I manned for a while, in the other a friend took one of me. That chrome looking thing on the ground is our "Stokes Basket" .That's what we use to get our unjured, unconcious patients up the side of the mountian .There is a science to this that is more complex then I ever dreampt it was. There is a specific knot for every use, and the patient must be tied into the Stokes with uniforn coverage.

Attachments

Last edited:

strantor

Joined Oct 3, 2010
Yes there are more knots than there are uses for them I think. Some people expect me to know how to tie an encyclopaedia of knots since I was in the navy, bit I manageged to get out without learning a single one. Not much use for them on a submarine.

magnet18

Joined Dec 22, 2010
I spend my weekends playing videogames, going rock climbing, running around campus, if i feel like it there's always plenty of parties going on.

on the topic of knots, eagle scout, knew them all, forgot most of them

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
Formed a new band. Got together on Sunday for practice.
Still looking for female member to join. Qualifications... must know how to sing.

Brownout

Joined Jan 10, 2012
I go sailing or camping. I've wanted to go tailgating, but never had a proper vehicle. I just bought a big old van for tailgaiting and hauling my camping gear. Now, I can go shopping for more gear :)

magnet18

Joined Dec 22, 2010
Rock climbing is my new favorite weekend pasttime
Why, you may ask?
It's a double win- great workout, great place to meet chicks ;)

strantor

Joined Oct 3, 2010
don't do anything stupid or one of Gerty's type will have to come your dumbAAA off the side of a big rock.

I've only been "rock climbing" in the indoor places. It was kinda cool, but I think it would be a lot more fun to climb a real mountain. Never got around to doing that though. Might some day. Glad you're having fun. Post a pic!

Jimmeh30

Joined Mar 4, 2011
Wow! A lot of you lot do a lot on the weekends!

I'm a jack of all, master of none type, I run a machining business through the week (and on a Saturday if I HAVE too) but generally, on a weekend and more often than not any day after 2 Pm, I'm either at the pub, or fishing, or drinking beer AND fishing, or just drinking beer.

Must get around to sorting my shed at home back out, and completing some more projects... tomorrow is another day tho.

Kudo's to Gerty though!
I'm putting some serious thought to joining the S.E.S.
Have been toying with the idea for several years, but you're bang on. If more people gave an hour a week to their community, it would be a far nicer place to live.

I'll post some pics in a month or so when I've got me uniform ;)

DerStrom8

Joined Feb 20, 2011
What do I do over the weekend? Depends on where I am!

If the university laboratory in Boston where I work is closed, and I'm back in Vermont, I generally just sit at my computer and respond to forum posts. I enjoy doing electronic design work, riding my bike, and sometimes meeting up with former coworkers for coffee and a pizza.

If I'm in Boston, I generally do some electronic design work, build a few kits, and spend time on the forums responding to posts. This weekend I'm going to the electronics swap fest at MIT in Cambridge, Massachusetts. It's the last one of the season and I want to be there for it. I've got a few things I need that I haven't been able to source from anywhere else, so I'm looking forward to it. If anyone's in the Cambridge MA area, stop in and say hi! I'll bee there between 9 and 2. You'll recognize me by my hat.

EDIT: Just realized you can't really see my hat in the photo.... It's an Ivy, anyway :p

Attachments

amilton542

Joined Nov 13, 2010
No offense, but I always had in mind you were around 17-18 years old through the tone and persona that comes across by reading your past posts.

DerStrom8

Joined Feb 20, 2011
Hahaha, I may be childish, but I am certainly older than 17-18 :D And keep in mind--looks can be deceiving..... ;)

Anyway, I just got back from the swapfest. I think it was the busiest one I've ever been to--all sorts of good stuff there. A guy was selling a Weller variable-temperature soldering station for $40, and I was able to talk him down to $20, so I've finally got myself a station! Also got a grab bag of LEDs (can never have enough), a graphics card for a computer, and a wireless mouse. All in all, I've had a very successful day!

happyganl

Joined Dec 17, 2009
What do I do over the weekend? Depends on where I am!

If the university laboratory in Boston where I work is closed, and I'm back in Vermont, I generally just sit at my computer and respond to forum posts. I enjoy doing electronic design work, riding my bike, and sometimes meeting up with former coworkers for coffee and a pizza.

If I'm in Boston, I generally do some electronic design work, build a few kits, and spend time on the forums responding to posts. This weekend I'm going to the electronics swap fest at MIT in Cambridge, Massachusetts. It's the last one of the season and I want to be there for it. I've got a few things I need that I haven't been able to source from anywhere else, so I'm looking forward to it. If anyone's in the Cambridge MA area, stop in and say hi! I'll bee there between 9 and 2. You'll recognize me by my hat.

EDIT: Just realized you can't really see my hat in the photo.... It's an Ivy, anyway :p
Ivy,that's pretty cool.I have no chance to go there,I hope my son can:D