what do you do at weekend?

Georacer

Joined Nov 25, 2009
I 'm a university student at my final year, so everyday is a weekend too. Except I have no wife to assign me chores, which is the good side.

The bad side is that I have no wife to assign me chores.

Georacer

Joined Nov 25, 2009
lol, no. I thought I had advertized my characteristics pretty well.

Maybe I shouldn't. You lose a lot of prestige along with the young age, and that's not good for a mod.

JoeJester

Joined Apr 26, 2005
Maybe I shouldn't. You lose a lot of prestige along with the young age, and that's not good for a mod.
I'm sure your participation and writings influenced the decision to "invite" you to be a moderator. Don't sell yourself short.

vortmax

Joined Oct 10, 2012
I 'm a university student at my final year, so everyday is a weekend too. Except I have no wife to assign me chores, which is the good side.

The bad side is that I have no wife to assign me chores.
The problem is, given the choice, most wives will assign the former over the latter.

I'm a grad student (and married)...so every day is a weekend and weekends are spent working.

gerty

Joined Aug 30, 2007
This weekend I have to get my certification renewed in High Angle Rope Rescue. I went to school for it 2 years ago and now my certification has expired. Here's a pic from 2 years ago. If I live through it I'll post a new
one :eek:

I'm the old one with the beard....

Attachments

nerdegutta

Joined Dec 15, 2009
Got my favorite car after 8 weeks at a repair shop. It will need some wax among other things
Looks good, considering you've done it yourself. :)

It will be a good addition to the Limousine business you are starting. Best of luck. :D

Me...? I'm going diving tomorrow, with a coworker and a friend from the National Guard.

(I'm joking about t06's limmo business. My bad humor.)

maxpower097

Joined Feb 20, 2009
Looks good, considering you've done it yourself. :)

It will be a good addition to the Limousine business you are starting. Best of luck. :D

Me...? I'm going diving tomorrow, with a coworker and a friend from the National Guard.

(I'm joking about t06's limmo business. My bad humor.)
It'll buff out!

strantor

Joined Oct 3, 2010
This weekend I have to get my certification renewed in High Angle Rope Rescue. I went to school for it 2 years ago and now my certification has expired. Here's a pic from 2 years ago. If I live through it I'll post a new
one :eek:

I'm the old one with the beard....
good to see you. What do you do that requires you to have a High Angle Rope Rescue cert?

Markd77

Joined Sep 7, 2009
Mainly eating and drinking, a little shopping and exercise.
My noodles have this fun little picture on the seaweed packet:

Very Good!

Attachments

gerty

Joined Aug 30, 2007
good to see you. What do you do that requires you to have a High Angle Rope Rescue cert?
I'm a EMT on our county Rescue Squad. It's an all volunteer outfit, there's about 20 active members. We train with our neighbor to the north, their Cheif is a certified Instructor and we work together a lot.
Another hat I'm trying for is Constable. Unlike some other states, it's an elected but volunteer job, what that boils down to is you have all the authority but do it as a volunteer (unpaid). You can earn some money seving papers and such, but I'll leave that for the others( there are 12 in my county)

My students want to know why I want to do all this "stuff" for free. Answer is easy, you gotta give something back to your community if you want it to remain a nice place.

edit: there are 115 Rescue Squads in TN, ALL of them are volunteer, and we belong to TARS, TN Association of Rescue Squads. We are available for call statewide..And wouldn't have it any other way.
{getting off of soapbox now}

Last edited:

maxpower097

Joined Feb 20, 2009
Usually read or work on independent projects. Hobby wise I'm a big gardener, I like to shoot guns, go boating, and have been wanting to get back into RC Plane heli's and boats. Half of its just building good models, then I'll either sell the vehicle or use it. You can make money getting hired out to build certain stuff but the money isn't worth it, comes to liek $5 a hour because its so labor intensive.