What can I do with this NTSC-PAL (RF) Module? (Pictures included)

Mohamed Doski

Joined Jul 17, 2016
Hello my friends,

I am a new member and this is the first post for me and I would like to hear your Ideas please. Basically I am still learning Electronics as a hobby and so far I am in love with it, meaning, I am not totally new nor and expert in electronics and here comes my question, I have a NTSC-PAL RF converter from my old Playstation 2(or 1) laying around and I was thinking of converting into something useful.

Recently I've been trying to build a simple oscilloscope and &/or function generator using my android tablet and an oscilloscope software to observe the wave type, amplitude etc, would this device be somehow of use?
If not, What can I do with it?

Pictures are attached

Attachments

KL7AJ

Joined Nov 4, 2008
Having a stable (of sorts) oscillator around is never a bad thing. I suspect the thing outputs to channel 3 or channel 4, which is PROBABLY voltage controlled to switch between them. If this is indeed a voltage controlled oscillator, you can make a sweep generator out of it, which you can then use to drive a downconverter for an el cheapo spectrum analyzer.

Eric

Mohamed Doski

Joined Jul 17, 2016
Thank you Eric for the reply. However, how would i know if this is a voltage controlled oscillator ?

And i would be greatful If you can help me out understanding what you mean by more simpler terms :)