What book to move me along?

Discussion in 'Embedded Systems and Microcontrollers' started by wannaBinventor, Jul 5, 2010.

1. wannaBinventor

Thread Starter Member

Apr 8, 2010
    I'm looking to move along a bit more in assembly programming of the PIC.

I'm looking for something to cover more complex topics like manipulating timers, using CC PWM, USART, 18FXXX micros, coding for complex mathematics, etc.

I'm almost done with "PIC in Practice" by DW Smith, and it brought me from nothing to where I am, but I'd like go beyond this. It covered the basics of setting and clearing bits in different registers, ADC, LCD display, keypad scanning, etc.... but as I said I feel like there is much more I don't know.

Is there a book any of you would recommend? I much prefer having lessons in a codified locations versus looking at scattered tutorials on the net.
  2. debjit625

Apr 17, 2010
    The best way I did is Application Notes from Microchip.If you want to try visit their website.

Good Luck
  3. Tahmid

Jul 2, 2008
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2010
  4. maxpower097

Feb 20, 2009
    I second this. This is really the newest assembly book to come out for pic. Most of the assembly stuff is written for PIC12 - PIC16's. Then most of hte PIC18-PIC32's are used with C. Your not locked into using either on either but their is much more info on each for each.