what are these worth?

treboroel

Joined Sep 24, 2013
I found a box of autec power systems led drivers in the house i just moved in to. I dont know anything about these type of stuff. model #LEDWCD050S210ST

t06afre

Joined May 11, 2009
Whatever people are willing to give ;) Try to flog them on ebay. I guess you have done some search on Google. Do you know the retail if price, and if they are still in production

Joined Nov 30, 2010
I wasted a lot of time trying to get a description of that driver on the Autec site. It would help your sales if you could tell the customers exactly what this driver is supposed to do. Does it have a label? Does it tell about current or watts or what voltage you plug it into? Important stuff, especially for non-nerds.

Joined Nov 30, 2010
I think it is dimmer capable based on a DC input control voltage of 0 to 10 volts. I believe 10 volts is available at a connector on the output end of the device and another connector is provided to plug in a control signal, right next to the 10V supply. You might end up chatting with the manufacturer to find out what value of potentiometer to use as a dimmer control. If no cooperation, I would start by trying a 10k linear potentiometer.

You see, LEDs are rather picky about their drive current. The label says it has a range of output currents, but no adjustment knob. This leads me to expect that it will need a control voltage to tell it how much current to deliver. If you just short the 10 volt supply to the control input, it will probably deliver the 2.1 amps the label says is its maximum. If your LED won't survive 2.1 amps, that can be controlled with a (maximum current) limiting resistor in series with the potentiometer.

That's my two cents, and sometimes I'm wrong.

treboroel

Joined Sep 24, 2013
thanks for the info #12. the only thing I done with leds in the past is a taillight project for my car using pmw or pwm or whatever they are called to dim my leds and failed lol. I would love to do somehing with these but dont have the time. Plus after doing some more cleaning we found 3 more boxes each box has 15 of these drivers. I just want to get rid of them.