What are these components?

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
It's blurry, but if that marking is "104", then its a ceramic capacitor, 100,000 pF. Probably a somewhat high voltage rating.

Last edited:

whale

Joined Dec 21, 2008
the second image is a IC.
but i cant get a clear image of 1st.
it seems to be like solenoid with some centre core.

i think you are very first to electronics. iam i right?

Jsean21

Joined Jan 8, 2009
do u know a name for that both those other two types of components, im not familar with the several legged component and also the other thing, im confused.I need help identifying them. Please can someone give me a name for them

mik3

Joined Feb 4, 2008
do u know a name for that both those other two types of components, im not familar with the several legged component and also the other thing, im confused.I need help identifying them. Please can someone give me a name for them
The first one look like an inductor. What is the number written on the IC?

SgtWookie

Joined Jul 17, 2007
re: "What are these two components?"
The black cylinder with copper wire wound on it is an inductor, value unknown.
The black rectangle with 8 pins on each side is an integrated circuit, aka IC. It may be a microcontroller. See if you can read a part number from the top of it. Orient the device so that the notch is to your left; you may then be able to read the part number.

Jsean21

Joined Jan 8, 2009
thank you very much and i know im an amatuer, i wanna get better in electronics but i misinterpreted how much things there are to remember

KL7AJ

Joined Nov 4, 2008
another compoenent sorry about this, but u dont know how gratefull i am.what are these two components
The component on the left is a slug-tuned inductor. (They fill them with a blob of wax to keep the slug from crawling around. You know how slugs are!)

The other photo is a DIP IC...could be almost anything.

eric

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
That component is a crystal to frequency control of an oscillator. I can't make out a decimal point, so it could be 2.7145 MHz, or, more likely, a 27.145 crystal for an RC transmitter or receiver.