What are the most annoying title you see here at AAC?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by bertus, Jan 16, 2013.

1. bertus

Thread Starter Administrator

Apr 5, 2008
    DerStrom8 likes this.
  2. Wendy

Mar 24, 2008
    Help me!

My assumption at this point is they are beyond help.

elec_mech and DerStrom8 like this.
  3. DerStrom8

Feb 20, 2011
    Something like "gyz hlp me im nubie"

4. Markd77

Sep 7, 2009
    Guyz help me,..... im a newbie
    I only look at a small number of threads, based on the title and if it's something I understand / am interested in. I'm not even going to click on anything like the above, so if any newbies are reading this, you are restricting your audience without a descriptive title.

DerStrom8 likes this.
  5. DerStrom8

Feb 20, 2011
    You posted the actual title I was referring to :D:p

6. t06afre

AAC Fanatic!

May 11, 2009
    Can not say a bad title at all is enough to annoy me at all. But the title may give away that the rest is not so good. It has something to do with. Innocent until proven guilty. What I really find annoying though is members that start all their posting with same phrase. As an example say "Hello,":p(joke)

elec_mech likes this.
  7. maxpower097

Feb 20, 2009
    Help my finals do in 14 hours and I only need someone to write me 2000 lines of code!

DerStrom8 likes this.
  8. DerStrom8

Feb 20, 2011
    Please help me :-(

That one covers all the bases. Poorly thought-out title, no information given in the post, asking for someone to write everything for him instead of teaching him how to do it, etc.

If the member who started that thread is reading this, that post is very poor form. You demand answers instead of doing it yourself, you don't say what exactly the code is for, you don't give specifications, and your title is not informative at all. Nobody will respond to that thread unless you give better information and at least TRY to do it yourself first.

tshuck likes this.
  9. mcgyvr

AAC Fanatic!

Oct 15, 2009
    Whats worse is the lack of ANY specific details in the actual question..

DerStrom8 likes this.
  10. thatoneguy

AAC Fanatic!

Feb 19, 2009
    URGENT!!!! in any context.

11. DerStrom8

Feb 20, 2011
    Agreed 100%

12. Georacer

Nov 25, 2009
    I even got a mail directing to such a thread and a friend request!

Boy, I 'm popular...

13. gerty

AAC Fanatic!

Aug 30, 2007
    How about "final year project due in 2 days and I don't have a clue what I want to do, send me plans so that I won't fail"

14. DerStrom8

Feb 20, 2011
    Seen that more often than I cared to.

15. spinnaker

AAC Fanatic!

Oct 29, 2009

I'm with you. The worst. Like saying, "my question is far more important then those of the rabble.".

16. spinnaker

AAC Fanatic!

Oct 29, 2009
    I have had several friend request from users that have one or two posts and that I have had zero correspondence.

What's up with that?

I of course deny such requests you need to earn my friendship.:)

Will you be my friend Georacer? Please! Please!!!!!!!!! :)

17. Robin Mitchell

Oct 25, 2009
    Like you guys sad:
    "Help me plz"
    "Urgent"

And then this is the post that follows (it has been translated from bable to what they are actually asking)

Title: Help plz urgent

I have a pic, wnt work. plz hlp qckly nw!

**Translates to**

"Im lazy, I should not be doing electronics but I took it up because I had nothing better to do. Look here is some work set I cant be bothered to do it OR I did not do it and have 1 hour to complete it. Because you guys are experts you have a moral obligation to do the work for me so go on, chop chop, I want to see code and a circuit. And here is an other thing! Im not going to release ANY details about the content of the circuit/problem because you guys should just know anyway. And dont give me an answer such as "We cant help if you dont give any details" because I know you are just BS'ing me! So what are you waiting for, go on, do the work otherwise I will moan, complain and make this forum look bad with my amazing abillity to b*tch on other websites."

DerStrom8 likes this.
  18. atferrari

AAC Fanatic!

Jan 6, 2004
    Those suggesting that what the OP is asking should be easy to answer or that the problem posted is simple to solve.

Followed by those that use lots of the same character in a row like "pleazzzzzz" or "Help!!!!!!!!" I presume people with little education behind them.

"Help" per se, is reasonable unless it is used as the main word in the subject.

19. maxpower097

Feb 20, 2009
    These are highschool kids trying to learn. They txt that way. I agree its Annnoooyyyinnggg! But their just kids. Granted some stupid questions can be asked but having worked tech jobs for people who have trouble emailing I can't fault a 16 year old for not understanding in the embedded world you work with bits and its not plug in play, anything you do you need to add hardware then supporting hardware. Many of us have done this long enough its second nature and know what it takes to do something. But if your coming in green, its not an easy hobby to jump into.

20. t06afre

AAC Fanatic!

May 11, 2009
    Yes that is correct. That is why I tend to ignore. A bad title,SMS language, or bad English. If I see some sparks of willingness to learn.