what are lambda circuits

Victor Beard

Joined Mar 20, 2005
Could someone describe a lambda circuit and tell me what their used for, any information would be very much appeciated from whom ever could speak on this topic,thank you very much Victor Beard.

hgmjr

Joined Jan 28, 2005
Originally posted by Victor Beard@Mar 29 2005, 01:08 AM
Could someone describe a lambda circuit and tell me what their used for, any information would be very much appeciated from whom ever could speak on this topic,thank you very much Victor Beard.
[post=6514]Quoted post[/post]​
Check out this brief definition of Lambda Circuits. It appears to be associated with fiber-optics signal transmission. You can Google "lambda circuits" for more information.

Good Luck

atferrari

Joined Jan 6, 2004
Generic questions like that are better served by googling on the subject.

Specific/detailed questions are better served in forums.

Time/space are saved in both cases.

It's my personal usual practice from long time. It works.

Added: in less than 15 seconds I've got not less than 130 valid entries with Google.

Victor Beard

Joined Mar 20, 2005
Originally posted by Lammy@Apr 1 2005, 04:51 PM
Is this an automotive question by any chance, if so I can offer some assistance.
[post=6637]Quoted post[/post]​
Yes, this is an auto-motive question I would very much appreciate your input, thank you very much .

volvoman

Joined Apr 2, 2005
Originally posted by Victor Beard@Apr 1 2005, 07:00 PM
Yes, this is an auto-motive question I would very much appreciate your input, thank you very much .
[post=6638]Quoted post[/post]​
The way a lambda sensor works is by measuring the oxygen content in the exhaust stream of your car. The way it does this is by using bymetals and when the oxygen level is high the temperture will be high and when the oxygen level is low the temperture will be low. The way the car knows this is that it sends a .5 volt reference signal to the oxygen sensor from the ecu and when the voltage drops below the .5 volts it knows that the oxygen is high and when the .5 reference goes above the .5 volt reference the oxygen level is low. This will allow the ecu to monitor this change and adjust the air/fuel ratio from its preset values which are to try to obtain a constant 14.7 to 1 air fuel ratio at all times.

Victor Beard

Joined Mar 20, 2005
Originally posted by volvoman@Apr 2 2005, 11:14 AM
The way a lambda sensor works is by measuring the oxygen content in the exhaust stream of your car. The way it does this is by using bymetals and when the oxygen level is high the temperture will be high and when the oxygen level is low the temperture will be low. The way the car knows this is that it sends a .5 volt reference signal to the oxygen sensor from the ecu and when the voltage drops below the .5 volts it knows that the oxygen is high and when the .5 reference goes above the .5 volt reference the oxygen level is low. This will allow the ecu to monitor this change and adjust the air/fuel ratio from its preset values which are to try to obtain a constant 14.7 to 1 air fuel ratio at all times.
[post=6650]Quoted post[/post]​
The information that you sent satisfies my curiosity for know ,thanks much for putting a bright light on this subject,Would you be willing to talk about the airflow,mass air,engine coolant or manifold pressure sensors again your input would be appreciated.

volvoman

Joined Apr 2, 2005
Originally posted by Victor Beard@Apr 2 2005, 01:52 PM
The information that you sent satisfies my curiosity for know ,thanks much for putting a bright light on this subject,Would you be willing to talk about the airflow,mass air,engine coolant or manifold pressure sensors again your input would be appreciated.
[post=6651]Quoted post[/post]​
Sure no problem.