What a weird video 0.o

arthur92710

Joined Jun 25, 2007
I just saw this on youtube.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swIg08WO04k

I am shocked, confused and scared!:confused:

I dont know what to say about the video.... it so .. well just wrong..
My only concern is the "helvetica scenario"
I did a Google search on it but not much comes up. In the video there is a face less man, and they say it was caused by the industrial calcium, Is this true? I was watching it on my iphone last night in bed, and when that came up I could have pissed my self.

Also some of the comments say that it is true, but you cant always believe that. I just need some clarification on this.

I did notice that alot of the information was wrong, like queen atom, 12000BC, calcium bins?, and alot of the others.

One more question is that really British humor? I found the video freaky and(sorry) f'ked up.

I will watch the rest of the series and comment back.

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
Don't worry yourself Arthur, this is one of those spoof-education vids, and it is just a load of tosh. If this were really an issue it would have been plastered everywhere like asbestosis was 20 years ago.

As for humour - some people like dark spoof humour. Not me, but it is popular in some quarters of the UK.

If you want to see how dark British humour can be you should have a look at a certain Brass Eye episode (if you Google Brass Eye it is the one that episode everyone talks about). I'm happy to mention it because it was nothing illegal or vulgar, just ill-considered (some may argue distasteful). I am not easily offended, but even I found it a big OTT. The British public agreed and complained about it in their droves, with it making the main headline news on TV, Radio and the newspapers. Have a look at your own discretion.

As for this video, if you don't find it funny, ignore it and have pity for those that like it!

Dave

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
The Basic program:

10 PRINT "LOOK AROUND YOU"
20 GOTO 10

might have clued you in. Your bones are mostly calcium. Limestone is calcuim carbonate. It's everywhere. The video is nicely done, but completely bogus.

Mark44

Joined Nov 26, 2007
I wonder why the disease is named after the font...
And the font is named after the formal Latin name for Switzerland, Confoederatio Helvetica, which in turn was named for the Helvetii, an ancient tribe of Celts who lived in the Alps.

If you've ever wondered why some Swiss cars have an oval nameplate with CH, Confoederatio Helvetica is the reason.

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
And the font is named after the formal Latin name for Switzerland, Confoederatio Helvetica, which in turn was named for the Helvetii, an ancient tribe of Celts who lived in the Alps.

If you've ever wondered why some Swiss cars have an oval nameplate with CH, Confoederatio Helvetica is the reason.
So it is. CH is also the international identifier for Switzerland and the internet domain for that region.

Dave

thingmaker3

Joined May 16, 2005
I can hardly wait to sample the "new albumen!":D But first I have to mafipulate some gas...:D:p Ah! Mafipulation! Blessed be thy Embenzalmine Nitrotomine!

MusicTech

Joined Apr 4, 2008
interesting digression of topics we have here. but anyway. what id he mean by extremely rare. By rare I imagine that helvetica must have happened at least once.