What a pathetic Super Bowl so far

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by spinnaker, Feb 2, 2014.

1. spinnaker

Thread Starter AAC Fanatic!

Oct 29, 2009
    What a pathetic Super Bowl so far.

1. Broncos are playing like some amateur pickup team.

2. Commercials stink big time.

Bruno Mars just might be the highlight of the game. I guess it would take a pretty dismal game for that to happen. :eek:

DerStrom8 likes this.
  2. tubeguy

Nov 3, 2012
    So far, I second the vote for Bruno Mars!

I just hope HE doesn't have a "Wardrobe Malfunction" :rolleyes:

DerStrom8 likes this.
  3. spinnaker

Oct 29, 2009
    And I haven't heard Manning say "OMAHA" all night :eek:

4. tubeguy

Nov 3, 2012
    Maybe it should be called "Stupor Bowl"...

5. Sparky49

Jul 16, 2011
    You should try watching the ashes...

Three days of literally nothing. :p

6. tindel

Sep 16, 2012
    Not a lot of talking during halftime here in the mile high

7. djsfantasi

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 11, 2010
    Hey - Manning is making it interesting so far for New England. We've seen this Peyton Manning several times.

8. spinnaker

Oct 29, 2009
    Oh well so much for Bruno Mars. The Bronco's first half performance was better.

What were the organizers thinking?

9. spinnaker

Oct 29, 2009
    Another Seattle TD! It is a blood bath! Like watching an accident. You just can't look away.:rolleyes:

10. strantor

AAC Fanatic!

Oct 3, 2010
    Waste of an evening. I got some stuff printed while the game "played" out, but not nearly what I had hoped. I cannot second the vote for bruno mars. That performance was as pathetic as the broncos performance. The transition into and out of RHCP was awkward, confusing and irritating. I hope I am able to erase it from my mind so I do not have to relive it every time I hear RHCP. Also, bruno mars sucked all on his own. I like one or two of his songs, or at least I did until the radio played them into the dirt, and the live performance was enough to make me delete even those songs from my playlist (just kidding, they were never on my playlist).

Notice I had more to say about half time than the game.

And yeah, weak commercials. The ford one was especially irritating.

WOW, I did not realize how bitter I was about it. Give me a keyboard and watch out! Lol, good night folks.

11. MrChips

Oct 2, 2009
    I programmed about 50 Atmel AVR chips for a client while all of this was going on. I had a productive evening. Thanks spinnaker for keeping me up to date. Useful to know so I'm not out of the loop in the morning. I don't watch TV.

Expert

Nov 30, 2010
    The Superbowl was today? Huh. I thought this was still Saturday. I guess that tells you how much I care.

shortbus likes this.
  13. nsaspook

AAC Fanatic!

Aug 27, 2009
    The entire PNW is having a party tonight!!! Manning is a great player but D wins games.

14. strantor

AAC Fanatic!

Oct 3, 2010
    On a lighter note, at least the anthem wasn't butchered as badly as it usually is. I can't stand it when overinflated musicians think that they're God's gift to the world's collective auditory system and that they can "improve" the anthem. When you are selected to sing the anthem, you should feel honored that you carry the responsibility. You should not suppose that the audience is honored to hear YOU sing it. The audience is not there to hear you, they are there to hear the anthem. you should practice tirelessly and sing it the way it is supposed to be sung, not the way you think it sounds best.

You don't change the colors on the flag, and you don't change the sound of the anthem. I can't believe we allow this. Other countries don't allow their anthems to be defiled. Did you hear of Arnel Pineda's (new lead singer for Journey) controversial rendition of the Filipino national anthem at the Manny Pacquiao fight a couple of years ago? The Filipino government threatened him with prison time, a fine, and an official invitation to never sing the anthem again in public.

http://gulfnews.com/news/world/phil...tion-hits-a-sour-note-in-philippines-1.598180

Ok, now I'm going to bed for real

15. bountyhunter

Sep 7, 2009
    amen. They don't seem to grasp the difference between singing and yodeling. That's why I won't watch shows like American Idol. They think that if they sing every note, eventually they'll find the right one.

The singer tonight was dead on.

16. bountyhunter

Sep 7, 2009
    I always wondered: if there is a law against desecrating the flag, why isn't there one against butchering the anthem?

I remember many decades back at one of the big games, they got the group the Fifth Dimension to "sing" it in the most bizarre and convoluted arrangement I ever heard. The song was completely unrecognizable. I never forgot that, it was like watching a train wreck.

17. Kermit2

AAC Fanatic!

Feb 5, 2010
    The Steven Colbert Pistachio commercial was the hands down winner for me.

Better than the entire game. :D

Metalmann likes this.
  18. GopherT

AAC Fanatic!

Nov 23, 2012
    But can you name the brand of pistachios that he was advertising?

The Volkswagen commercial with engineers getting wings (and rainbows) was good too.

19. JoeJester

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 26, 2005
    I didnt hear the anthem ... but I'm sure it didnt top whitney houston in 1991.

20. Brownout

Jan 10, 2012
    No. But it did almost every one since then.