Wexford Space Heater tip over switch design

Discussion in 'General Electronics Chat' started by Gdrumm, Feb 4, 2011.

1. Gdrumm

Thread Starter Distinguished Member

Aug 29, 2008
    I am tring to repair my wifes under desk space heater. It is a small Wexford CT-001 HF, and it has a tip over switch design that I've never seen.

I am familier with standard tip over switches, but this unit uses a small toggle switch, which when engaged closes the circuit and allows the heater to run.

The toggle and heater work fine, but the missing piece might be a spring?

I'm not sure. Is anyone familiar with this particular unit?

I have the toggle, and a small plastic cup (smaller than a dime) that was loose inside the unit. Just wondering if anyone knows what I'm missing.

I Googleds Wexford, and found no answers other that it is sold at Walgreens.

Thanks,
    Gary

PS I don't have my camera, or I would attach pictures

2. thatoneguy

AAC Fanatic!

Feb 19, 2009
    The ones I've seen have a button through the bottom, which then pushes on a standard "lever switch" with NO/NC contacts. The spring inside the switch pushes the button out with light force.

3. Gdrumm

Thread Starter Distinguished Member

Aug 29, 2008
    So, I re-engineered it, and it works great.
    I used an L bracket to hard mount the switch, with the toggle going through the hole in the bottom.

So proud..., told my wife, and she said. "Oh Yeah, that little button thing, it must still be in the car, I just forgot to tell you about it".

Go figure.

Guess I'll find that little button, and put it back the way the Chinese designed it.

Thanks,
    Gary