Weird symbols in an schematic of non-invasive DC sensor

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008
Hello,

The symbols could represent variable resistor / potentiometers.
The O/S will adjust the offset of the circuit and the F/S will adjust the gain / full scale adjust.

Bertus

zaukkoo

Joined May 27, 2016
Hello,

The symbols could represent variable resistor / potentiometers.
The O/S will adjust the offset of the circuit and the F/S will adjust the gain / full scale adjust.

Bertus
Thank you Bertus!
Are the O/S-potentiometer's two floating connectors connected to the both ends of the hall-sensors core?
If you want some background of this situation, I am trying to replicate the expensive commercial DC-current sensors using a regular split core AC-sensor (which has nothing but the core and it's connectors) by attaching this circuit to it. This is to aim at a low price, that is essential for our project. Our project is to make affordable measuring systems connected wirelessly to a database, and that to a web based UI.

zaukkoo

Joined May 27, 2016
Hello,

It is not a real schematic.
The details are not given.

Bertus
Okay, I think I will order one, open it up and see what it's got inside.
Thank you very much for your help!
I am going to keep this thread open, in case someone has more good informed guesses.

hp1729

Joined Nov 23, 2015
Hi! Does anyone know what these circled symbols represent?
View attachment 106876
Could the "+" thing be a resistance bridge sort of thing? A sensor of some sort?
The "floating ends" of O/S I would expect to go to +15 and -15, but it would show that I would think.
"Hall Effect sensor"? Is that supposed to be the objective of the device? A LEM or current transformer?

zaukkoo

Joined May 27, 2016
Could the "+" thing be a resistance bridge sort of thing? A sensor of some sort?
The "floating ends" of O/S I would expect to go to +15 and -15, but it would show that I would think.
"Hall Effect sensor"? Is that supposed to be the objective of the device? A LEM or current transformer?
Yes. It's a Hall Effect DC-current transformer.

hp1729

Joined Nov 23, 2015
Yes. It's a Hall Effect DC-current transformer.
Which is the Hall Effect device? The O/S pot or the "+" thing? The "+" thing a ratiometric hall effect device, trimmed by the O/S pot? I haven't seen a four leaded such device before, but I guess that doesn't mean much.