weird problem with keyboard!

Discussion in 'Computing and Networks' started by paul.1911, Aug 2, 2012.

1. paul.1911

Thread Starter Member

Mar 25, 2012
    I bought a new Mother Board that does not have PS2 port for keyboard mouse.
    So i use this adapter to connect my PS2 Keyboard & mouse.

[​IMG]

Both are working fine normally. But when i'm playing game, for example accelerating a car and when i pressed any other button, just for moving it left & right it decelerated. Same is the case with any shooting game. Suppose i hit 'W' key to move man forward, then i pressed 'A' without releasing 'W' it stop right there, and i need a released pressed again to move it forward.

Same is the case when checked with laptop too. Whereas, laptop keypad is working fine.

I'm sure this adapter is not working with games. I dont want to buy a usb keyboard because i already have two more spares of electronic PS2 keyboard, it'll get three if i buy.

So i was hoping if i could convert this to USB.
    I tried usb to ps2 convert diagram and doesn't work.
    I open the keyboard & connect the wire direct to it as shown here, still not work :mad: .....i connected correctly, no confusion!

[​IMG]

Why its not working? :(
    USB keyboard driver are already installed from Microsoft (running Win 7). I dont know if its work. Still I googled to checked for usb driver but i cant found any. :( pls help!

2. BMorse

Sep 26, 2009
    Get a single PS2 Keyboard to USB type adapter, and a single PS2 Mouse connector, that would work better, apparently the one you are using does not support multikey press, it could be because it has to buffer both PS2 device inputs, so if they were separate, it MAY work better...

3. BMorse

Sep 26, 2009

Most newer PS2 keyboards can handle being switched from PS2 to USB because the functionality is built into the keyboard controller, yours may not have that functionality built into it, so it can not communicate directly to a USB host without a proper PS2 to USB connector.....

Or just spend a few dollars and get with the times :D, and just use those PS2 keyboards as doorstops, or paper weights :rolleyes:

4. paul.1911

Thread Starter Member

Mar 25, 2012
    @BMorse
    Thanks i'll try to get that ps2 (female) to usb (male) adapter. but i doubt if its work coz i've aslo checked disconnecting mouse only keyboard running with that.
    Lets see. I'll try!

5. BMorse

Sep 26, 2009
    That's why I am saying your current adapter does not support multiple keys being pressed at one time, so you need to try a different adapter preferably a single PS2 to USB.

6. paul.1911

Thread Starter Member

Mar 25, 2012
    I got my keyboard multi key working :) actually it was a problem with that converter i used. My bro had same type of converter but from different manufacturer, i tried that and its working now.
    Thanks BMorse!